Ex-Congress MP`s daughter kidnapped in Bangalore
Bangalore: A daughter of former Congress MP HG Ramulu was allegedly kidnapped by two unidentified persons for ransom from a crowded shopping complex here on Monday night, police said.
47-year-old Vishnuvandana, daughter of the former Koppal Lok Sabha member, was abducted from a crowded complex at Jayanagar around 7 pm when she had gone for shopping along with her niece Dolly, they said.
Ramulu told reporters that his son-in-law Ravikumar received a call after 7.30 pm from Vishnuvandana`s phone and she told that an unidentified man and a woman were taking her in a car and they demanded Rs 30 lakh ransom for her release.
"Soon after demanding the ransom, the kidnappers disconnected the call," he said.
Ramulu said his daughter had gone to the market area for purchasing fruits along with Dolly. "As my daughter was purchasing fruits from a vendor, two unknown persons approached her and called her aside to talk to her. In just two seconds, Dolly who was facing the opposite side turned around and saw Vishnuvandana missing," he said.
The Congress leader said both the kidnappers were speaking in Kannada and his daughter was supposed to return to Hyderabad tonight.
A complaint has been lodged with police and investigation was on.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- Bihar: Congress leader Brajesh Pandey accused of running sex racket
- BJP MP Yogi Adityanath compares Akhilesh Yadav with 'Aurangzeb' and 'Kans'
- Acrimonious remarks of political leaders during UP elections
- Have political parties diverted from development agenda in UP elections?
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- Virat Kohli thanks sprint legend Usain Bolt for congratulating him on 'record' Puma deal
- BMC exit poll: BJP predicted to score big in neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena
- IPL 2017 Auction: Reaction-filled Twitter erupts with emotions!
- Reliance Jio Prime Membership at Rs 99: All you need to know about the plan