Ex-MLA gets obituary resolution in Karnataka
Bangalore: In a goof up, Karnataka Assembly staff have informed Treasury officials to stop pension to a former MLA mistaking him to be a deceased legislator as both shared the same surname.
In more shock to the family of the former legislator, the staff also sent him a copy of an obituary resolution passed by the Assembly in the last session in honour of the deceased.
The House had adopted a resolution mourning the death of Neelakantarao Patil who represented Shiggoan constituency.
However, the assembly staff inadvertently sent the resolution to N V Patil, a former MLA of Ramdurg in Belgaum district, shocking his family members.
They had also informed the Treasury officials of Belgaum to take steps to stop pension to N V Patil and transfer the same to his spouse.
Assembly Speaker K G Bopaiah, speaking to reporters here today, promised to look into the lapse and initiate action against those found guilty.
"Such things should not happen. Whoever has done it, I will take action," Bopaiah said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results; women bag top four positions
- Islamic State trying to gain foothold in Pakistan-occupied Kashmir: Army
- Kapil Sharma shares pic with Salman Khan; ‘Comedy Nights...’ to go off air
- Wimbledon: Novak Djokovic, Maria Sharapova cruise into last 16
- Five guerrillas, one soldier killed near LoC