Ex-MLA gets obituary resolution in Karnataka
Bangalore: In a goof up, Karnataka Assembly staff have informed Treasury officials to stop pension to a former MLA mistaking him to be a deceased legislator as both shared the same surname.
In more shock to the family of the former legislator, the staff also sent him a copy of an obituary resolution passed by the Assembly in the last session in honour of the deceased.
The House had adopted a resolution mourning the death of Neelakantarao Patil who represented Shiggoan constituency.
However, the assembly staff inadvertently sent the resolution to N V Patil, a former MLA of Ramdurg in Belgaum district, shocking his family members.
They had also informed the Treasury officials of Belgaum to take steps to stop pension to N V Patil and transfer the same to his spouse.
Assembly Speaker K G Bopaiah, speaking to reporters here today, promised to look into the lapse and initiate action against those found guilty.
"Such things should not happen. Whoever has done it, I will take action," Bopaiah said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 11-year old Odisha boy to get football training at Bayern Munich in Germany
- China warns India against deploying BrahMos cruise missile in Arunachal Pradesh
- One killed in TV channel office attack in Karachi
- Gujarat: Journalist working for local daily found dead in his Junagadh office
- Watch: How floods throw normal life out of gear across country