Ex-MLA gets obituary resolution in Karnataka
Bangalore: In a goof up, Karnataka Assembly staff have informed Treasury officials to stop pension to a former MLA mistaking him to be a deceased legislator as both shared the same surname.
In more shock to the family of the former legislator, the staff also sent him a copy of an obituary resolution passed by the Assembly in the last session in honour of the deceased.
The House had adopted a resolution mourning the death of Neelakantarao Patil who represented Shiggoan constituency.
However, the assembly staff inadvertently sent the resolution to N V Patil, a former MLA of Ramdurg in Belgaum district, shocking his family members.
They had also informed the Treasury officials of Belgaum to take steps to stop pension to N V Patil and transfer the same to his spouse.
Assembly Speaker K G Bopaiah, speaking to reporters here today, promised to look into the lapse and initiate action against those found guilty.
"Such things should not happen. Whoever has done it, I will take action," Bopaiah said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Security guard beats woman journalist publicly in Pakistan
- Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; 7 Pak Rangers killed, BSF jawan injured
- ISIS terrorists escape Mosul disguised in women's clothing
- DNA: Analysing the existing poor condition of Indian education system
- DNA: Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; Seven Pak Rangers killed
- Navjot Singh Sidhu out on zero to Waqar Younis in 1990 – The match Kapil Sharma keeps talking about
- MS Dhoni reacts in astonishment as Axar Patel takes a stunning one-handed catch - VIDEO
- BSP shrugs off Rita Bahuguna 's jump; says BJP will still face defeat in UP polls
- MS Dhoni or Virat Kohli? Here's Virender Sehwag's best ever reply
- Sushant Singh Rajput’s former girlfriend Ankita Lokhande’s Karva Chauth photos will surprise you