Expelled BJP leader Yatnal to join JDS
Bijapur: Former Union minister and expelled
BJP leader Basanagouda Patil Yatnal has decided to join JDS
headed by former Prime Minister H D Devegowda.
Patil, three time Lok Sabha member from Bijapur, which
has now become a reserved seat, told reporters that he and his
followers would join the JDS at a function here on January 22.
Patil, who has become Chief Minister B S Yeddyurappa`s
bete noire, accused him of neglecting party workers and
alleged that even senior leaders like national general
secretary Anantkumar and Rural Development Minister Jagadish
Shettar have remained mute spectators.
The former saffron leader took a swipe at RSS, alleging
that it interfered in BJP`s affairs.
BJP last year expelled Patil after he launched a banner
of revolt and criticised Yeddyurappa and state unit president
D V Sadananda Gowda.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Mumbai High court allows entry of women in Haji Ali Dargah
- DNA: Analysis of fraudulent doctor in Noida treating patients with wrong treatment
- DNA: Analyzing Balochistan's citizens struggle for freedom
- DNA: Two Syrian boys grieving death of brother killed in airstrike
- DNA: Analyzing world's first driverless taxi developed by Singapore company
- `I`m not 100 percent`, admits US Open champion Novak Djokovic
- Kanhaiya, two others granted regular bail in sedition case
- School dropout biggest crisis in India, says Singapore Deputy PM
- Italy quake death toll hits 278, state funeral planned
- Jigisha killer Ravi Kapoor convicted in taxi-driver murder case