Expelled BJP leader Yatnal to join JDS
Bijapur: Former Union minister and expelled
BJP leader Basanagouda Patil Yatnal has decided to join JDS
headed by former Prime Minister H D Devegowda.
Patil, three time Lok Sabha member from Bijapur, which
has now become a reserved seat, told reporters that he and his
followers would join the JDS at a function here on January 22.
Patil, who has become Chief Minister B S Yeddyurappa`s
bete noire, accused him of neglecting party workers and
alleged that even senior leaders like national general
secretary Anantkumar and Rural Development Minister Jagadish
Shettar have remained mute spectators.
The former saffron leader took a swipe at RSS, alleging
that it interfered in BJP`s affairs.
BJP last year expelled Patil after he launched a banner
of revolt and criticised Yeddyurappa and state unit president
D V Sadananda Gowda.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Massive storm at JNU over Afzal Guru as 'anti-India' slogans raised; university orders disciplinary enquiry
- India mourns Lance Naik Hanumanthappa Koppad's death: Who said what
- Came to Mumbai from Pakistan to select 26/11 attack sites, David Headley tells Mumbai court
- ISI trains JeM, LeT terrorists: Former Pak president Pervez Musharraf
- 'Afzal Guru amar rahe', 'Kashmir lekar rahenge' slogans raised at Press Club of India