Expelled BJP leader Yatnal to join JDS
Bijapur: Former Union minister and expelled
BJP leader Basanagouda Patil Yatnal has decided to join JDS
headed by former Prime Minister H D Devegowda.
Patil, three time Lok Sabha member from Bijapur, which
has now become a reserved seat, told reporters that he and his
followers would join the JDS at a function here on January 22.
Patil, who has become Chief Minister B S Yeddyurappa`s
bete noire, accused him of neglecting party workers and
alleged that even senior leaders like national general
secretary Anantkumar and Rural Development Minister Jagadish
Shettar have remained mute spectators.
The former saffron leader took a swipe at RSS, alleging
that it interfered in BJP`s affairs.
BJP last year expelled Patil after he launched a banner
of revolt and criticised Yeddyurappa and state unit president
D V Sadananda Gowda.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- Exclusive: This is what Kashmir's stone pelters have to say!
- India to activate laser walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- Panel discussion on 'Most Favoured Nation' status India accorded to Pakistan in 1996
- Former bureaucrat BK Bansal commits suicide along with his son at Delhi residence
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- Did Arvind Kejriwal tweet in favour of Pakistan over Uri attacks? Here is what Twitter says
- Rameez Raja picks all-time XI - Three Indians, but just one Pakistani make it to the list
- This Hindu-dominated village in West Bengal is not allowed to organise Durga Puja as Muslims don't want it
- As Pakistan gloats over hosting 70 Russians, 250 Indian Army soldiers renew bonds in Vladivostok