Expose me if you can: Santosh Hegde
Bangalore: Under fire from the BJP and JD-S,
former Karnataka Lokayukta N Santosh Hegde on Wednesday hit back at
former Chief Minister BS Yeddyurappa challenging him to
disclose documents to support his allegation that he had been
offered a top post at the centre by the Congress-led UPA.
"If there is material why does he not produce it...
instead of making oral allegations," Hegde, a Team Anna member
who was in the forefront of the agitation demanding a strong
Lokpal act, told reporters.
Hegde, whose report on illegal mining led to resignation
of Yeddyurappa as Chief Minister, asserted nobody can "buy"
"No political party and industry has the strength to buy
me... no one has... not even the media I am saying directly,"
On Yeddyurappa`s charge that he is "responsible" for
sending him to jail, the former Supreme Court judge said, "He
is sent to jail on a (land) denotification case on a private
complaint. Let him understand. Santosh Hegde had nothing to do
with the case in which he had to undergo incarceration."
Hegde has come under renewed attack by BJP and JD-S
leaders, particularly Yeddyurappa, former Chief Minister HD
Kumaraswamy (JD-S) and state BJP chief KS Eshwarappa after a
former Lokayukta SP, K Madhukar Shetty alleged in a newspaper
interview that the Lokayukta was not free from corruption and
that there were black sheep in it.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- Indian Army avenges Uri with surgical strikes across LoC, heavy casualties
- Exclusive: This is what Kashmir's stone pelters have to say!
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’
- Did Arvind Kejriwal tweet in favour of Pakistan over Uri attacks? Here is what Twitter says