Expose me if you can: Santosh Hegde
Bangalore: Under fire from the BJP and JD-S,
former Karnataka Lokayukta N Santosh Hegde on Wednesday hit back at
former Chief Minister BS Yeddyurappa challenging him to
disclose documents to support his allegation that he had been
offered a top post at the centre by the Congress-led UPA.
"If there is material why does he not produce it...
instead of making oral allegations," Hegde, a Team Anna member
who was in the forefront of the agitation demanding a strong
Lokpal act, told reporters.
Hegde, whose report on illegal mining led to resignation
of Yeddyurappa as Chief Minister, asserted nobody can "buy"
"No political party and industry has the strength to buy
me... no one has... not even the media I am saying directly,"
On Yeddyurappa`s charge that he is "responsible" for
sending him to jail, the former Supreme Court judge said, "He
is sent to jail on a (land) denotification case on a private
complaint. Let him understand. Santosh Hegde had nothing to do
with the case in which he had to undergo incarceration."
Hegde has come under renewed attack by BJP and JD-S
leaders, particularly Yeddyurappa, former Chief Minister HD
Kumaraswamy (JD-S) and state BJP chief KS Eshwarappa after a
former Lokayukta SP, K Madhukar Shetty alleged in a newspaper
interview that the Lokayukta was not free from corruption and
that there were black sheep in it.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- One year of Modi govt: PM promises to fulfil aspirations
- Watch: Mumbai cops find new secret agents in housewives!
- DNA: Sikh man in New Zealand removed his turban to help injured kid
- Hundreds die as heat wave continues in India
- 2G scam: Ex-TRAI chief alleges Manmohan Singh had warned him to cooperate
- DNA: AIIMS doctor removes both kidneys of minor, claims she had only one
- Pranab Mukherjee defends Bofors scam, says it was just a media trial
- Salman Khan attends sister Arpita's wedding reception in Mandi
- Zee Media's mega survey on Modi govt
- Zee Media Exclusive: Vidya Balan chats about 'Hamari Adhuri Kahani'
- Para athlete Deepa Malik complains of callous service by Air India
- Smriti Irani visits Amethi, promises to pay insurance money to 25,000 women
- One year of Modi govt: Amit Shah addresses media
- Mathura rally: PM Modi's ten power-packed dialogues
- BBV: What challenges lie ahead of Modi govt?
- One year of NDA govt: PM Modi writes open letter to nation, promises to transform India
- World optimistic about India: PM Narendra Modi on 1 year of NDA govt
- MSBSHSE Class 12th HSC results 2015 to be declared at 1pm tomorrow
- Arpita-Aayush wedding reception: Salman Khan spreads love in Mandi, says `hum aapke hain`
- Bharatiya Janata Party lacks majority for Ram Temple, Article 370: Amit Shah
- Rahul Gandhi takes a dig at one year of Modi govt, wishes 'happy birthday' to 'suit-boot ki sarkar'
- AAP govt moves resolution against MHA notification: As it happened
- Heatwave kills 90 more in Andhra, Telangana; toll crosses 800
- UBSE Results 2015 (ubse.uk.gov.in): Uttarakhand 12th Result 2015 to be announced today at 11 AM
- Gujjars adamant on holding talks in Bayana; rail tracks remain blocked
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 (cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in) postponed?
- CBSE 10th result to be declared tomorrow
- CBSE Class X Board Results 2015 to declared tomorrow
- What couldn't be done in last 10 years, NDA govt did in one year: Smriti Irani in Amethi
- Check mahresult.nic.in for Maharashtra HSC Result 2015 to be announced at 1 pm on May 27