Expose me if you can: Santosh Hegde
Bangalore: Under fire from the BJP and JD-S,
former Karnataka Lokayukta N Santosh Hegde on Wednesday hit back at
former Chief Minister BS Yeddyurappa challenging him to
disclose documents to support his allegation that he had been
offered a top post at the centre by the Congress-led UPA.
"If there is material why does he not produce it...
instead of making oral allegations," Hegde, a Team Anna member
who was in the forefront of the agitation demanding a strong
Lokpal act, told reporters.
Hegde, whose report on illegal mining led to resignation
of Yeddyurappa as Chief Minister, asserted nobody can "buy"
"No political party and industry has the strength to buy
me... no one has... not even the media I am saying directly,"
On Yeddyurappa`s charge that he is "responsible" for
sending him to jail, the former Supreme Court judge said, "He
is sent to jail on a (land) denotification case on a private
complaint. Let him understand. Santosh Hegde had nothing to do
with the case in which he had to undergo incarceration."
Hegde has come under renewed attack by BJP and JD-S
leaders, particularly Yeddyurappa, former Chief Minister HD
Kumaraswamy (JD-S) and state BJP chief KS Eshwarappa after a
former Lokayukta SP, K Madhukar Shetty alleged in a newspaper
interview that the Lokayukta was not free from corruption and
that there were black sheep in it.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch video: The epic battle between 'Machli' tigress and a 14-foot-long crocodile!
- India, Bangladesh swap border enclaves, settle historic dispute; people rejoice
- Home Ministry holds high-level meet over ISIS
- 'Remembering Dr APJ Abdul Kalam' - President Pranab Mukherjee's photo tribute on Twitter
- ‘Bajrangi Bhaijaan’ Salman Khan weaves magic at BO; to register Rs 500 crore soon!