Expose me if you can: Santosh Hegde
Bangalore: Under fire from the BJP and JD-S,
former Karnataka Lokayukta N Santosh Hegde on Wednesday hit back at
former Chief Minister BS Yeddyurappa challenging him to
disclose documents to support his allegation that he had been
offered a top post at the centre by the Congress-led UPA.
"If there is material why does he not produce it...
instead of making oral allegations," Hegde, a Team Anna member
who was in the forefront of the agitation demanding a strong
Lokpal act, told reporters.
Hegde, whose report on illegal mining led to resignation
of Yeddyurappa as Chief Minister, asserted nobody can "buy"
"No political party and industry has the strength to buy
me... no one has... not even the media I am saying directly,"
On Yeddyurappa`s charge that he is "responsible" for
sending him to jail, the former Supreme Court judge said, "He
is sent to jail on a (land) denotification case on a private
complaint. Let him understand. Santosh Hegde had nothing to do
with the case in which he had to undergo incarceration."
Hegde has come under renewed attack by BJP and JD-S
leaders, particularly Yeddyurappa, former Chief Minister HD
Kumaraswamy (JD-S) and state BJP chief KS Eshwarappa after a
former Lokayukta SP, K Madhukar Shetty alleged in a newspaper
interview that the Lokayukta was not free from corruption and
that there were black sheep in it.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - IIT-Kharagpur develops superpower drone 'BHIM' that could aid soldiers in war zones
- Anti-Romeo squad launched: Has moral policing started in UP?
- Jharkhand: Congress leader, 3 others killed in shootout in Dhanbad
- CM Yogi’s cleanliness drive: UP cops clean up police stations
- Do not put unnecessary pressure on police: PM Modi tells UP BJP MPs
- Hukumdev Narain Yadav to be new Vice-President of India?
- 400 Trinamool Congress members including many TMC stalwarts join BJP in Tripura
- Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev, Rajguru were hanged on 23 March 1931 – This is how PM Modi paid tribute today
- Kapil Sharma fight on flight row: Did Sunil Grover, Ali Asgar and Chandan Prabhakar skip shoot?
- Mohammad Kaif welcomes Yogi Adityanath's appointment as new Uttar Pradesh chief minister