Falerio to head Cong screening committee in K`taka
New Delhi: Senior Congress leader Luizinho Falerio has been appointed the Chairman of the party`s Screening Committee for poll-bound Karnataka, where Assembly elections are due this year.
Union Minister Jitender Singh and AICC general secretary in-charge for the state Madhusudan Mistri are other members of the five-member Committee.
Others include Karnataka PCC chief G Parmeshwar and CLP leader Siddaramaiah.
Elections for 224 assembly seats of Karnataka are due in May 2013.
Congress is hoping for a revival of its fortune in the BJP-ruled state, which was the first Southern state, where the BJP formed its government.
BJP, is however, in a disarray after former Chief Minister B S Yeddyurappa parted ways from it and formed a separate party.
BJP suffered a crushing defeat in the recent urban body polls in Karnataka with Congress making a spectacular performance.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Call up this number and get Reliance Jio's SIM for sure
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Govt calls meet on Indus Water Treaty; Water Resources Ministry, MEA to brief PM Modi