Falerio to head Cong screening committee in K`taka
New Delhi: Senior Congress leader Luizinho Falerio has been appointed the Chairman of the party`s Screening Committee for poll-bound Karnataka, where Assembly elections are due this year.
Union Minister Jitender Singh and AICC general secretary in-charge for the state Madhusudan Mistri are other members of the five-member Committee.
Others include Karnataka PCC chief G Parmeshwar and CLP leader Siddaramaiah.
Elections for 224 assembly seats of Karnataka are due in May 2013.
Congress is hoping for a revival of its fortune in the BJP-ruled state, which was the first Southern state, where the BJP formed its government.
BJP, is however, in a disarray after former Chief Minister B S Yeddyurappa parted ways from it and formed a separate party.
BJP suffered a crushing defeat in the recent urban body polls in Karnataka with Congress making a spectacular performance.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Boyfriend murders DU student Arzu Singh; hides body in his house for three days
- International Fleet Review: India shows off naval prowess in "Operation Demo"
- Declared unfit for employment, man invents cost-effective electric car called Pixie!
- Can comments on social media against politicians land you in jail?
- Is Pakistan trying to divert India from issue of terrorism?
- Bangladesh scraps China-proposed deep sea port, India offers help to develop another
- Deepika Padukone reads letter written by father – Watch - You will be moved to tears
- 'Road Romeo' beaten up by brave girl in Allahabad: Watch
- Watch video: Samajwadi Party leader's celebratory firing kills 10-year-old child in Shamli
- Salman Khan miffed with Huma Qureshi –Sohail Khan affair reports?