Falerio to head Cong screening committee in K`taka
New Delhi: Senior Congress leader Luizinho Falerio has been appointed the Chairman of the party`s Screening Committee for poll-bound Karnataka, where Assembly elections are due this year.
Union Minister Jitender Singh and AICC general secretary in-charge for the state Madhusudan Mistri are other members of the five-member Committee.
Others include Karnataka PCC chief G Parmeshwar and CLP leader Siddaramaiah.
Elections for 224 assembly seats of Karnataka are due in May 2013.
Congress is hoping for a revival of its fortune in the BJP-ruled state, which was the first Southern state, where the BJP formed its government.
BJP, is however, in a disarray after former Chief Minister B S Yeddyurappa parted ways from it and formed a separate party.
BJP suffered a crushing defeat in the recent urban body polls in Karnataka with Congress making a spectacular performance.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Mother beats her infant son in Bareilly, tries to strangulate him
- Women can enter inner sanctorum of Haji Ali Dargah: Mumbai HC
- Watch: PM Modi's speech on Transforming India at NITI Aayog
- Mysterious fever claims 12 lives in Noida within 15 days
- Panel discussion on Mumbai HC allowing women to enter Haji Ali Dargah