Falerio to head Cong screening committee in K`taka
New Delhi: Senior Congress leader Luizinho Falerio has been appointed the Chairman of the party`s Screening Committee for poll-bound Karnataka, where Assembly elections are due this year.
Union Minister Jitender Singh and AICC general secretary in-charge for the state Madhusudan Mistri are other members of the five-member Committee.
Others include Karnataka PCC chief G Parmeshwar and CLP leader Siddaramaiah.
Elections for 224 assembly seats of Karnataka are due in May 2013.
Congress is hoping for a revival of its fortune in the BJP-ruled state, which was the first Southern state, where the BJP formed its government.
BJP, is however, in a disarray after former Chief Minister B S Yeddyurappa parted ways from it and formed a separate party.
BJP suffered a crushing defeat in the recent urban body polls in Karnataka with Congress making a spectacular performance.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army 5th deadliest in the world: Report
- DNA: Analysis of public pulse through survey by Zee News on Bihar elections
- Hotels selling beef should be demolished: Azam Khan
- DNA: End of ISIS? Vladimir Putin to send 1,50,000 soldiers to Syria
- Dadri lynching: UP CM Akhilesh raises compensation to Rs 45 lakh
- Neither Dadri nor Babri: India is 'Muslim woman delivering 'Ganesha' inside temple'
- Hindu girl embraces Islam to marry Shahi Imam Bukhari's son?
- Pakistan take note! Indian military 5th deadliest in the world
- Lalu Prasad Yadav debuts on Dubsmash, mocks PM Narendra Modi – Watch video
- Sundar Raman, tainted IPL franchises face uncertain future