Family rift precipitated Jagan`s decision to quit?
Hyderabad: After months of stand-off with
the Congress high command, an alleged family rift apparently
precipitated Y S Jaganmohan Reddy`s decision to quit the party
and his Lok Sabha seat.
The alleged differences between an uncle from his
father`s side and another from his mother`s family was
threatening to spill onto the streets when Jagan realised he
had to find a quick escape route to safeguard the "family
prestige", sources close to the family said.
As his father YS Rajasekhara Reddy`s younger brother Y
S Vivekananda left for New Delhi reportedly to seek a berth in
the Kiran Kumar Reddy government, Jagan mounted an attack on
the Congress high command claiming that the was trying to
vertically split the family.
"Is it fair to lure my uncle Y S Vivekanada Reddy to
Delhi, thereby paving way for fissures in my family," he
angrily questioned AICC president Sonia Gandhi in his open
letter yesterday announcing his decision to quit the party.
However, the sources claimed that for a few months
now, Jagan was reportedly not on good terms with Vivekananda
who disapproved of his ways.
"Vivekananda apparently did not like the way in which
Jagan was totally being influenced by his other uncle Y V
Subba Reddy, Rajasekhara Reddy`s co-brother. Subba Reddy has
become Jagan`s karta, karma, kriya (be all and do all) much to
Viveka`s discomfiture," a source said.
Denying the allegation that the party was trying to
divide the family, Vivekananda today said he is ready to
contest in the bypolls for the seats vacated by Jagan and his
"I will remain a Congressman till my last breath. I am
a loyal and disciplined Congress worker," he told reporters.
Vivekananda is known to be a "humble, mild-mannered"
man and enjoyed respect in Kadapa, the family pocket borough.
He was elected twice to the Assembly from their hometown
The source noted that "Jagan`s fear is that he stands
no chance against his uncle any day in their home turf
Pulivendula or Kadapa. Such is the stature of Vivekananda,"
On the other hand, Subba Reddy was never in public
life and looked after his own business as well as YSR`s, the
"Subba Reddy is now Jagan`s key strategist. It is he
who is driving the rebel leader," he claimed.
The fissures within the family were thus obvious,
making Vivekananda to tread a different path, the source said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to develop leadership quality in youths?
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to develop leadership quality in youths? - Part II
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to develop leadership quality in youths? - Part III
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to develop leadership quality in youths? - Part IV
- Will India's strategies change over issues with Pakistan?
- Japan's Shinzo Abe may leave tax hike to next PM: Reports
- 17 killed in fire at elderly people's care home in Ukraine
- DLF targets up to Rs 3,500 crore in new sales booking in FY17
- Maanayata, hubby Sanjay Dutt's adorable dance is the most romantic thing you will watch today!
- Development replaces fear in Jeeram Ghati in Chhattisgarh's Bastar district post 2013 Naxal attack