FIR against former Karnataka minister
Bangalore: An FIR has been registered
against former Karnataka minister and Congress MLA Roshan Baig
on a complaint that he had allegedly created a fake document
of a flat for pecuniary gain, police said on Tuesday.
City-based builder Ziaullah Sharief had lodged the
complaint yesterday against Baig, his wife and one V G
Vaijayanthimala for creating a fake general power of attorney
document of a flat in his wife`s name by forging her signature
and then selling it.
Sharief alleged that Baig as a minister in the S M
Krishna Ministry struck a deal in 1998 with him to purchase
his (Sharief) flat in Parkview Apartments for Rs 50 lakh. As
per the agreement, Baig paid Rs five lakh as initial payment
and agreed to pay the rest at the time of registration.
But, Baig without getting the property registered, took
possession of the flat "using his political position" and then
by creating a "fake GPA document in his wife`s name by forging
his wife`s signature", he allegedly sold the property to
Vaijayanthimala for Rs 1.5 crore in 2009, the complaint said.
Sharief said he came to know about the illegal sale of
his property when a person came to him to purchase the flat.
Police said they were investigating the case "to get to
the root of the facts".
- Nagaland HSLC (Class 10) Result 2016 to be declared today on May 3 at 12 noon
- Nagaland HSSLC (Class 12 on May ) Result 2016 to be declared today 3 at 12 noon
- VVIP chopper cam: Ex-IAF chief SP Tyagi reaches CBI office for questioning
- Barack Obama has wish about Osama bin Laden`s last moments
- 162 children die in four months in Pakistan's Tharparkar district