FIR against former Karnataka minister
Bangalore: An FIR has been registered
against former Karnataka minister and Congress MLA Roshan Baig
on a complaint that he had allegedly created a fake document
of a flat for pecuniary gain, police said on Tuesday.
City-based builder Ziaullah Sharief had lodged the
complaint yesterday against Baig, his wife and one V G
Vaijayanthimala for creating a fake general power of attorney
document of a flat in his wife`s name by forging her signature
and then selling it.
Sharief alleged that Baig as a minister in the S M
Krishna Ministry struck a deal in 1998 with him to purchase
his (Sharief) flat in Parkview Apartments for Rs 50 lakh. As
per the agreement, Baig paid Rs five lakh as initial payment
and agreed to pay the rest at the time of registration.
But, Baig without getting the property registered, took
possession of the flat "using his political position" and then
by creating a "fake GPA document in his wife`s name by forging
his wife`s signature", he allegedly sold the property to
Vaijayanthimala for Rs 1.5 crore in 2009, the complaint said.
Sharief said he came to know about the illegal sale of
his property when a person came to him to purchase the flat.
Police said they were investigating the case "to get to
the root of the facts".
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- CBI confirms Delhi health minister Satyendra Jain's indulgence in Hawala business
- Watch: CM Yogi Adityanath's first speech in UP Assembly house
- Should army take strict action against stone pelters of J&K?
- Etawah: UP cops caught drunk while on duty
- DNA: Reason behind electricity crisis in India despite being power surplus nation
- Left to die on road, pregnant Lucknow woman writes to PM Narendra Modi to end 'triple talaq', says 'I voted for BJP'
- The Kapil Sharma Show: No Sunday episode this weekend? Here’s why
- India vs Australia: Virat Kohli takes reconciliatory path, says his friendship comment was 'blown out of proportion'
- Sunil Grover joining AIB? Here’s the truth
- Reliance Jio closes in on 50 million paid users