FIR against Kumaraswamy, Chennigappa, two others
Bangalore: An FIR was registered against
former Karnataka Chief Minister H D Kumaraswamy, former
minister C Chennigappa, and two others, by Lokayukta police on
a private complaint alleging illegalities in denotification of
government land in 2007 during their tenure.
The Lokayukta police filed an FIR against Kumaraswamy and
three others under Prevention of Corruption Act, IPC and Land
Restriction and Transfer Act, Lokayukta ADGP Satyanarayana Rao
told PTI here.
The FIR was registered following the Lokayukta court`s
order to investigate into a private complaint against them
alleging illegalities in denotification of government land.
The court had directed Lokayukta SP to probe it under
Section 156/3 CrPC (investigation of cognisable case) and
submit a report by February 6.
Complainant Madhuswamy has alleged that Kumaraswamy
denotified 3.8 acres in Thanisandra village, which had been
acquired by the Bangalore Development Authority (BDA) for
formation of residential sites in Arkavathy Layout.
Kumaraswamy`s action in October 2007 was in violation of
rules, the complainant had alleged and named Chennigappa as
one of the co-accused seeking action against them under the
provisions of the Prevention of Corruption Act.
Kumaraswamy, son of former Prime Minister H D Deve Gowda,
is the second former chief minister in the state after B S
Yeddyurappa to face allegations of irregularities in
denotifying land acquired by the BDA.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof