Five police personnel suspended on rape allegations
Chikmagalur: Five police personnel, including two women attached to Aldur police station in this district, were on Saturday placed under suspension following allegations by a woman that three policemen raped her while she was in their custody, police said.
Western Range IGP Pratap Reddy told reporters here that sub-inspector K R Shivakumar, constables Gururaj, K B Mahesh, woman constable Krithika and woman assistant sub-inspector Nandita Shetty have been suspended pending probe on the complaint filed by the victim.
The victim alleged that the three policemen sexually assaulted her on February 18 in Bangalore when they took her into custody in connection with a gold chain theft case.
The two women police personnel were present when the victim was taken into custody.
The woman and the policemen have been subjected to medical examination and the report is awaited, Reddy said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on Mumbai HC allowing women to enter Haji Ali Dargah
- Panel discussion on Mumbai HC allowing women to enter Haji Ali Dargah Part II
- Uttarakhand: MBBS students builds toilets in a village in Rishikesh
- Digital detox helps to get rid of smartphones addiction
- Watch: Syrian boys crying, hugging each other after their brother is killed in airstrike
- Beware! No more selfie on board, DGCA taking cognizance
- Turkey PM vows retaliation after 'vile' Cizre attack
- Taapsee Pannu, Neeraj Pandey reteam on 'Meera'
- James Rodriguez may make last Real Madrid appearance in Celta Vigo game
- Manufacturing growth to be higher in Q2 on better export outlook: Survey