Five year-old dies after drinking lime juice in temple
Bangalore: In a suspected case of food poisoning, a five year-old girl died on Saturday at a government hospital, where she was admitted along with 46 others when they took ill after partaking "Panaka" (lime juice) served at a temple here on the occasion of "Rama Navami" festival.
The girl was admitted for diarrhoea and vomiting after the incident yesterday.
Forty six others, who also had similar complaints, are being treated at the same hospital, police said.
"They are on intravenous fluid and are out of danger", the hospital sources said.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Prashant Bhushan questions Arvind Kejriwal on Lokpal through press conference
- PM Modi addresses the nation during Maan Ki baat
- Delhi police arrests BSF personnel, ISI operative for espionage
- Exclusive: Prakash Javadekar's views on issue of climate change before UN summit
- Kerala's Sunni religious leader calls gender equality ‘un-Islamic’
- Women fit only to deliver children, gender equality un-islamic: Kerala Muslim leader
- Russia strikes down Goa, India from its safe travel destinations list
- Intolerance issue: Aamir Khan's remarks 'innocent', says Rajkumar Hirani
- Arvind Kejriwal backs Tarun Gogoi's claim over Guv favouring BJP, suspects 'coop federalism'
- PM Modi leaves for Paris to take part in Climate Conference