Five year-old dies after drinking lime juice in temple

Last Updated: Saturday, April 20, 2013 - 15:26

Bangalore: In a suspected case of food poisoning, a five year-old girl died on Saturday at a government hospital, where she was admitted along with 46 others when they took ill after partaking "Panaka" (lime juice) served at a temple here on the occasion of "Rama Navami" festival.
The girl was admitted for diarrhoea and vomiting after the incident yesterday.
Forty six others, who also had similar complaints, are being treated at the same hospital, police said.

"They are on intravenous fluid and are out of danger", the hospital sources said.


Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.

First Published: Saturday, April 20, 2013 - 15:25

More from zeenews

comments powered by Disqus