Focus on toning up administration, says Gowda
Mangalore: Karnataka Chief Minister DV Sadananda Gowda on Saturday said he would lay emphasis on toning up the administration and giving thrust to development works.
The BJP government had been focussing on development ever since it assumed office in the state and former chief minister BS Yeddyurappa has implemented several pro-people programmes, he told reporters at the Bajpe Airport on his maiden visit to Dakshina Kannada district, his native, after succeeding Yeddyurappa.
Gowda said he would go in for another round of ministry expansion shortly after taking into confidence all leaders in the party.
The Chief Minister is likely to visit the temples of Sri Khestra Dharmastala, Kukke Subramanya and his native village Devaragunda during his two-day stay in the district.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan
- Jayalalithaa's funeral procession: Sea of mourners gather to pay last respects
- Panel discussion over continuous chaos in Parliament on demonetisation
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan - Part II
- DNA: Know why Jayalalithaa was buried and not cremated
- Twitter users blast Arvind Kejriwal as he says 'Modi will never appoint a Muslim Vice President no matter what Jung does'
- RBI to issue new Rs 100 banknotes, old notes to continue as legal tender
- Airtel’s free 4G internet offer may be a ploy to steal your data
- Kapil Sharma renews contract, his latest fee will make your jaw drop!
- Pakistan International Airlines plane from Chitral to Islamabad crashes near Havelian, 48 people dead