Focus on toning up administration, says Gowda
Mangalore: Karnataka Chief Minister DV Sadananda Gowda on Saturday said he would lay emphasis on toning up the administration and giving thrust to development works.
The BJP government had been focussing on development ever since it assumed office in the state and former chief minister BS Yeddyurappa has implemented several pro-people programmes, he told reporters at the Bajpe Airport on his maiden visit to Dakshina Kannada district, his native, after succeeding Yeddyurappa.
Gowda said he would go in for another round of ministry expansion shortly after taking into confidence all leaders in the party.
The Chief Minister is likely to visit the temples of Sri Khestra Dharmastala, Kukke Subramanya and his native village Devaragunda during his two-day stay in the district.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- NSG now 'nine times' stronger; receives technological strength from 12 countries!
- Bihar: Congress leader Brajesh Pandey accused of running sex racket
- Panel discussion over why SP government is backing Gayatri Prajapati
- Why is religion being made the basis of election campaigns in UP?
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- 7th Pay Commission: Allowances committee raises HRA to 30%?
- Virat Kohli thanks sprint legend Usain Bolt for congratulating him on 'record' Puma deal
- IPL 2017 Auction: Reaction-filled Twitter erupts with emotions!
- Virat Kohli becomes first Indian sportsperson to sign Rs 100-crore endorsement deal