Focus on toning up administration, says Gowda
Mangalore: Karnataka Chief Minister DV Sadananda Gowda on Saturday said he would lay emphasis on toning up the administration and giving thrust to development works.
The BJP government had been focussing on development ever since it assumed office in the state and former chief minister BS Yeddyurappa has implemented several pro-people programmes, he told reporters at the Bajpe Airport on his maiden visit to Dakshina Kannada district, his native, after succeeding Yeddyurappa.
Gowda said he would go in for another round of ministry expansion shortly after taking into confidence all leaders in the party.
The Chief Minister is likely to visit the temples of Sri Khestra Dharmastala, Kukke Subramanya and his native village Devaragunda during his two-day stay in the district.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sachin Tendulkar joins Narendra Modi's #SelfieWithDaughter campaign
- Madrasas that do not teach primary subjects to be considered 'non-schools', says Maharashtra govt
- BJP MP Hema Malini injured, one child killed in Dausa road accident
- Parliamentary panel recommends 100% salary hike for MPs, health benefits for grandchildren
- Congress 'weak' to stop Modi; Rahul 'out of touch' with reality: Hansraj Bhardwaj