Former ISRO chiefs mum on Antrix-Devas reports
Bangalore: Former chiefs of ISRO on Sunday chose
to keep mum on the findings of the two reports based on which
punitive action has been taken against four space scientists
on the Antrix-Devas deal.
"... I am shutting myself from this. I am not saying
anything. Don`t pursue this with me," former ISRO Chairman K
Another former ISRO chief Prof UR Rao also declined to
comment on the reports.
The Department of Space had last night made public the
report of the High Power Review Committee made up of BK
Chaturvedi and Prof Roddam Narasimha and (only) conclusions
and recommendations of the five-member high-level team (HLT),
headed by former Chief Vigilance Commissioner Pratyush Sinha.
The Sinha committee indicted former ISRO chief Madhavan
Nair and three other senior scientists, A Bhaskaranarayana, K
R Sridhara Murthi and KN Shankara for acts of commission in
It said the deal lacked transparency and recommended action
against the scientists, all of whom have retired.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Political war of words erupts over Yakub Memon's execution
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How do you cope up with ever changing environment in life?
- Exclusive interview with APJ Abdul Kalam’s aide Srijan Pal Singh
- Russian aircraft Mi-28 crashes during an aerobatics show
- Shravan month begins, devotees throng Shiva temples
- Yakub Memon's execution: Supreme Court Deputy Registrar quits over judgement
- Govt formalises strategies to counter ISIS threat, maintain internal security
- Manbir Kaur becomes first Sikh girl in Pakistan to top Class 10 exam
- Here's what Islamic State captors told Indian teachers
- 2nd T20: Shahid Afridi, Anwar Ali help Pakistan win thriller against Sri Lanka