Former K’taka CM Yeddyurappa in fresh legal tangle
Mangalore: A Consumer Redressal Forum
here on Thursday issued a notice to former Karnataka Chief Minister
BS Yeddyurappa to appear before it on December five in a
complaint filed by a member of a Coop Society, alleging he has
not been granted medical expenses under a health scheme.
The notice was issued by Dakshina Kannada District
Consumers Forum asking Yeddyurappa and Minister for
Cooperation Laxman Savadi either to appear before it in person
or through their counsel.
Lokesh Poojary, a member of Gurupura Seva Cooperative
Society has in his complaint alleged that he has not been
granted medical expenses incurred by him under Yashaswini
Health scheme when Yeddyurappa was the Chief Minister.
Poojary said he was eligible for refund of medical bills
under the scheme.
Poojari said his wife delivered a baby in KMC Hospital
here and had to spend about Rs 60,000 for treatment of his
When he approached the Cooperative Society for refund, it
rejected the claim on the ground that Yashaswini Scheme was
launched by the state government and not by it.
Yeddyurappa is facing in all six private complaints in
Bangalore and recently secured bail in two of the complaints
in which he was sent to judicial custody.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Ajinkya Rahane to captain India on Zimbabwe tour; Dhoni, Kohli rested
- Shiv Sena slams HC order banning erection of pandals on roads
- Kejriwal's electricity bill exceeds Rs 1 lakh in two months: RTI
- Top leader of NSCN(K) arrested for Manipur attacks by NIA
- Bangladeshi newspaper mocks Indian team with half-shaved heads
- India vs Zimbabwe: Ajinkya Rahane to lead; MS Dhoni, Virat Kohli rested
- Chinese military research academy praises India's main battle tank Arjun, says it's 'very good'
- Gangster Abu Salem ready to tie the knot with girl seeking to marry him
- Vijender Singh brings down curtains on India career, turns professional
- Manipur ambush: Key NSCN(K) leader involved in killing of 18 Army personnel arrested by NIA