Former Ktk CM`s daughter acquitted in murder case
Bangalore: A fast track court on Thursday acquitted
Bharati Urs, daughter of former Karnataka Chief Minister
Devaraj Urs, and two others in connection with the murder of
the daughter of a former Karnataka High Court judge.
Judge Amaranarayana acquitted Bharati, her accomplices
T Madhukar and L N Chandrakanth of the murder charges. They
were accused of abducting Chitralekha Urs, daughter of former
Karnataka High Court judge M P Chandrakantaraje Urs, on
January 19, 2004 and later murdering her by strangulation.
The victim`s decomposed body was found in Shiradi Ghats
on March 9, 2004.
The prosecution had accused Bharati of hatching a criminal
conspiracy of eliminating Chitralekha, who had mediated to get
the former a loan of Rs 70 lakh.
After the arrest of Madhukar and Chandrakant, police found
the body and jewellery worn by Chitralekha. Later, cheques and
promissory notes signed by Bharati were also recovered.
The Central Crime Branch police, which investigated the
case, had filed a 900-page chargesheet in the sensational
The judge in his 70-page judgement, said the prosecution
had failed in establishing that the three had entered into a
criminal conspiracy to murder Chitralekha and acquitted them.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India successfully test launches first ever indigenous space shuttle
- PM Modi to meet top Iranian leaders today
- Pakistan denounces US drone strike on Taliban chief Mullah Mansoor
- BJP's Roopa Ganguly attacked by Trinamool workers near Kolkata
- PM Modi in Tehran: India, Iran sign historic pact on Chabahar port
- Atta girl! 'Aarfa' Anushka Sharma makes gobar cakes in 'Sultan'
- Who is Fahad Tanvir Sheikh? The only Indian identified in ISIS video; he vowed revenge for Babri Masjid, Gujarat - WATCH
- Sensex bounces 217 points; Nifty regains 7,800-mark
- Nothing wrong in chanting 'Om'; opposition to Yoga uncalled for: Salma Ansari
- Islamic State urges Ramadan attacks in US, Europe in new audio broadcast