Former minister SA Ramdas recovering after alleged suicide bid over sexual slur
Bangalore: Former Minister and BJP leader SA Ramdas allegedly attempted suicide after a sexual slur by a woman in Mysore and is out of danger, a senior police official said.
He was recovering at ICU of a private hospital after the alleged attempt last night, a senior police official said, adding "Ramdas is out of danger".
".....Another couple of days he might have to remain in ICU," the official said.
Ramdas, who was Medical Education Minister in the previous BJP government, was reportedly distressed and upset over the allegations made by the woman that he had cheated her after promising to marry her.
Hours after the woman released purported taped telephonic conversation between them, Ramadas allegedly tried to hang self at his house and was rushed to Apollo BGS Hospital where he is currently undergoing treatment.
Before the alleged suicide bid, Ramdas had trashed her claims, calling it "concoted" and saying it smacked of "blackmail".
Meanwhile, a man stated to be a supporter of Ramdas, allegedly committed suicide in Mysore today upset over what happened to his leader.
A police official said "some people suggest that this individual was a strong follower of the former minister and might have committed suicide after getting to know about the turn of events".
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: APJ Abdul Kalam's last journey, India bids a tearful adieu
- DNA : Justice delivered; India hangs 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon
- Yakub Memon hanged in Nagpur jail
- 'People's President' APJ Abdul Kalam laid to rest in Rameswaram
- Panel discussion on 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's hanging
- Yakub Memon's body handed over to family, tight security in Mumbai
- Yakub Memon: The two men who lead police to 'House of Memons'
- What Yakub Memon did in minutes before being hanged
- Meeting called by Speaker fails to end Parliament logjam; government indicates all-party meet
- Cristiano Ronaldo great, but Lionel Messi is greatest: Xavi Hernandez