Former minister SA Ramdas recovering after alleged suicide bid over sexual slur
Bangalore: Former Minister and BJP leader SA Ramdas allegedly attempted suicide after a sexual slur by a woman in Mysore and is out of danger, a senior police official said.
He was recovering at ICU of a private hospital after the alleged attempt last night, a senior police official said, adding "Ramdas is out of danger".
".....Another couple of days he might have to remain in ICU," the official said.
Ramdas, who was Medical Education Minister in the previous BJP government, was reportedly distressed and upset over the allegations made by the woman that he had cheated her after promising to marry her.
Hours after the woman released purported taped telephonic conversation between them, Ramadas allegedly tried to hang self at his house and was rushed to Apollo BGS Hospital where he is currently undergoing treatment.
Before the alleged suicide bid, Ramdas had trashed her claims, calling it "concoted" and saying it smacked of "blackmail".
Meanwhile, a man stated to be a supporter of Ramdas, allegedly committed suicide in Mysore today upset over what happened to his leader.
A police official said "some people suggest that this individual was a strong follower of the former minister and might have committed suicide after getting to know about the turn of events".
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on the need of 'smart' politics in India
- Panel discussion on the need of 'smart' politics in India - Part II
- Panel discussion on the need of 'smart' politics in India - Part III
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How will business be conducted in the future?
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How will business be conducted in the future? - Part II
- India's forex reserves adequate to tackle Brexit impact: RBI
- Wimbledon: Leander Paes and Rohan Bopanna face-off likely in pre-quarters
- Pak envoy Abdul Basit unfazed by LeT attack in J&K's Pampore, says 'let's enjoy Iftar party'
- Euro 2016: Italy`s Antonio Candreva to miss pre-quarters clash with Spain
- India has a very big infrastructure programme: Arun Jaitley