Former MP Krishna Iyer passes away
Bangalore: Former MP and Gandhian VS
Krishna Iyer passed away at his residence here on Monday after a
prolonged illness, family sources said.
He was 90. He is survived by wife and his adopted children.
Iyer, who was ailing for the past few months, had been
recently discharged from a hospital.
A veteran freedom fighter, Iyer represented Bangalore South
in the eighth Lok Sabha during 1984-89 and was also Mayor of
the city during 1962-63.
He was a close associate of former Chief Minister
Ramakrishna Hegde and had striven hard to strengthen the then
Former Prime Minister HD Devegowda, Chief Minister BS
Yeddyurappa, Janata Dal (Secular) leader PGR Scindhia were
among those who paid their last respects to the departed
leader at his residence.
The mortal remains were cremated in the presence of a
large number of people.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- Panel discussion on the decision of demonetisation
- DNA: Is political system root cause of corruption in the country?
- DNA: Analysis of the letter written by defence minister to Kolkata CM?
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- PoK erupts with 'azadi' slogans; Pakistan Army brutally thrashes protesters
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video
- Aamir Khan as Mahavir Singh Phogat in 'Dangal' title track looks phenomenal!