Former MP Krishna Iyer passes away
Bangalore: Former MP and Gandhian VS
Krishna Iyer passed away at his residence here on Monday after a
prolonged illness, family sources said.
He was 90. He is survived by wife and his adopted children.
Iyer, who was ailing for the past few months, had been
recently discharged from a hospital.
A veteran freedom fighter, Iyer represented Bangalore South
in the eighth Lok Sabha during 1984-89 and was also Mayor of
the city during 1962-63.
He was a close associate of former Chief Minister
Ramakrishna Hegde and had striven hard to strengthen the then
Former Prime Minister HD Devegowda, Chief Minister BS
Yeddyurappa, Janata Dal (Secular) leader PGR Scindhia were
among those who paid their last respects to the departed
leader at his residence.
The mortal remains were cremated in the presence of a
large number of people.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi pays tribute to V D Savarkar on birth anniversary
- Star cast of Jimmy Sheirgill's 'Shorgul' out in this brand new poster! – View pic
- Caught on camera: Gram Panchayat president attempting to rape woman in Mandya
- Mega event today to mark 2 years of BJP govt; Amitabh to host small segment on girl child campaign
- Preity Zinta all set to make her first TV show appearance post wedding! – See pic