Former MP Krishna Iyer passes away
Bangalore: Former MP and Gandhian VS
Krishna Iyer passed away at his residence here on Monday after a
prolonged illness, family sources said.
He was 90. He is survived by wife and his adopted children.
Iyer, who was ailing for the past few months, had been
recently discharged from a hospital.
A veteran freedom fighter, Iyer represented Bangalore South
in the eighth Lok Sabha during 1984-89 and was also Mayor of
the city during 1962-63.
He was a close associate of former Chief Minister
Ramakrishna Hegde and had striven hard to strengthen the then
Former Prime Minister HD Devegowda, Chief Minister BS
Yeddyurappa, Janata Dal (Secular) leader PGR Scindhia were
among those who paid their last respects to the departed
leader at his residence.
The mortal remains were cremated in the presence of a
large number of people.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will wipe out BJP and Congress from the country: Akbaruddin Owaisi
- Ahead of 'Kashmir Solidarity Day', Hafiz Saeed's JuD releases controversial video featuring Pakistani Army chief
- `Jawaharlal Nehru awarded the man who stole Subhas Chandra Bose's INA treasure`
- Ten Army soldiers missing in Siachen avalanche presumed dead; PM Modi 'salutes' martyrs
- Ravindra Jadeja: Indian all-rounder to get engaged today