Fraud complaint against three cops
Bangalore: A businessman on Monday filed a complaint of forgery and fraud against five persons, including three police officials, before the Lokayukta court here.
The complainant M Umesh, a small time businessman, alleged the five, including two Assistant Commissioners of Police and one circle Inspector, have forged and fabricated certain property documents for pecuniary gain.
Judge N K Sudhindra Rao posted the matter to April 12 for further hearing.
In the complaint, Umesh stated he, his cousin - who is also an accused in the case, and Cubbon Park police station ACP H K Venkataswamy had inherited a huge property managed by Venkataswamy`s father.
The three were living in a joint family.
All along, Umesh was assured that his property was being managed properly.
In 2008, Lokayukta sleuths raided Venkataswamy`s house on a complaint that he possessed assets disproportionate to his known sources of income. But since Venkataswamy was a police official he was tipped off about the raid even before it was conducted and he shifted all the joint property documents and valuables to a "secret place", Umesh alleged.
Subsequently, when Umesh questioned Venkataswamy about the property documents, he was told that the documents were seized by the Lokayukta police. However, he became suspicious and filed a partition suit along with Venkataswamy in 2009.
During the hearing of the suit, the complainant charged that a "totally fabricated" partition deed dated November 15, 1982, was produced wherein properties purchased during the years 1986, 1987 and 2005 were shown.
The others named in the complaint include Hulimavu police station circle inspector Jayaram and Mico Layout police station ACP Veerabhadregowda.
The five have been booked for forgery, fabrication, cheating and intimidation.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dadri lynching: Is Kejriwal spreading poison between Hindus and Muslims?
- Lalu Prasad calls beef eating people uncultured
- Why did Indrani Mukerjea attempt suicide?
- Dadri lynching: Locals stop Arvind Kejriwal from entering Bisara village
- Muslims asked to sprinkle cow urine on body in order to be part of Garba festivities
- Sonia begins Bihar polls campaining; accuses PM Modi of 'narrow-mindedness'
- Salman Khan’s ‘Prem Ratan Dhan Payo’ trailer creates a record!
- Indrani Mukerjea's FSL report rules out drug overdose, says no chemicals found in stomach wash
- Lynching case in Dadri: Rahul meets victim Iqlakh's family, says touched by people's desire to maintain harmony
- Muslims banned from Garba in Gujarat's Mandvi; Hindus asked to sprinkle cow urine on themselves