Freedom fighter files PIL for CBI probe into illegal mining
Bangalore: A freedom fighter has filed a PIL
petition in the Karnataka High Court demanding a CBI inquiry
into illegal mining in the state.
When the petition by Bangalore-based freedom fighter H S
Doreswamy came up for hearing, a Division Bench comprising
Justice JS Khehar and Justice AS Bopanna adjourned it to
June 3 in view of the matter of illegal mining being heard by
In his PIL, Doreswamy submitted that the state government
had failed in taking stringent steps to curb illegal mining
and demanded that the probe be entrusted to a Central
investigative agency like the CBI.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Trump-Sharif conversation: Team Donald denies Pakistan's claims
- Rahul Gandhi's and Congress' Twitter accounts hacked: Who's behind it?
- Hizbul commander Musa issues threats of attacks in new video
- 'Heart of Asia' Conference begins in Amritsar; Sartaj Aziz to pay a visit on Sunday
- Panel discussion over Mamata Banerjee's false allegations on Indian Army for political gains
- Gujarat businessman declares highest ever black money amount – Rs 13,000 crore!
- Army proves Mamata Banerjee wrong, releases letter showing West Bengal govt knew of exercise
- Rs 4.7 crore cash in Rs 2000 notes! Biggest seizure in new currency post demonetisation - What I-T recovered from Bengaluru, Chennai and Erode
- Manohar Parrikar exposes Mamata's attempt to politicise routine Army exercise in Kolkata
- Scam? 'Aam Aadmi Party using Delhi Transport Corporation to exchange Rs 500, Rs 1,000 notes'