French diplomat detained for raping daughter
Bangalore: A French diplomat has been detained by the city police for allegedly raping his minor daughter, Karnataka Commission for Protection of Child Rights (KCPCR) Chairperson Nina Nayak said on Saturday.
Police registered a case of rape against the diplomat, working in the French consulate here, under Section 376 of Indian Penal Code, Nayak said.
The diplomat was detained late last night.
The child`s mother, an Indian, reported the case to police with the help of a Bangalore-based NGO after her maid told her that the three-year-and-ten-month-old child was sexually abused, she said.
"When the mother returned home, her domestic help told her that her husband had been in their bedroom with the child for over three hours. She found her child crying and in great pain," Nina said.
The mother immediately took her child to a private hospital at Hebbal which confirmed the sexual assault, she said, adding that the diplomat has been identified as Pascal Mazurier, deputy head of the Chancery in the Consulate of France in the city.
Nina also said the French diplomat is being questioned and further tests were being conducted to ascertain whether the rape had taken place.
She said she has asked the NGO to take the child with her mother to a state-run hospital for examination and submit a report.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Shocking update in Sheena Bora case: Indrani Mukerjea was sexually molested by her father?
- Indrani's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna confesses to police he was involved in Sheena's murder
- A peek into Indrani Mukerjea's past
- Sheena Bora murder case: When Indrani Mukerjea broke down during questioning
- Ravi Shastri reveals truth behind MS Dhoni's sudden Test retirement!