French diplomat`s wife accuses police of hostile interrogation
Bangalore: The wife of a French diplomat, facing charges of raping their four-year old daughter, on Friday alleged police was subjecting her to hostile interrogation in a bid to make her withdraw the complaint and sought removal of the investigating officer handling the case.
In a written complaint to Bangalore Police Commissioner Jyotiprakash Mirji, Suja Jones Mazurier alleged that she was being subjected to "hostile interrogation and the police were trying to pressurise her to withdraw the complaint" against her husband Pascal Mazurier.
Mazurier, Deputy Head of Chancery in the Consulate of France here, was arrested on June 19 based on a complaint from Suja, a Keralite, that he raped her daughter on June 13.
Suja said the investigating officer had been "biased in favour" of her husband right from the time an FIR was filed against him. She also alleged that the officer had not been recording statements properly.
"On June 25, 2012, I was interrogated for several hours running into night between 5 pm and 9 pm," she said, adding that several police officials and investigation officer made accusations against her and cast aspersions on her character. ...The number of people in the investigation were intended to intimidate me," she alleged.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Admissions 2015: Know India's best ranking Universities
- Yasin Bhatkal calls wife from Hyderabad jail, talks of 'help from Damascus'
- Zee Media Exclusive interview with UPSC topper Ira Singhal's family
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Is Corporate Social Responsibility nothing but a marketing gimmick?
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results; women bag top four positions
- Five guerrillas, one soldier killed near LoC
- 3rd Test, Day 2: Sri Lanka rattle Pakistan in decider
- Indian Mujahideen chief Yasin Bhatkal indicates Islamic State will help him get out of jail soon
- Missing UK schoolgirls seen carrying Kalashnikov rifle in ISIS's Raqqa?