French diplomat`s wife accuses police of hostile interrogation
Bangalore: The wife of a French diplomat, facing charges of raping their four-year old daughter, on Friday alleged police was subjecting her to hostile interrogation in a bid to make her withdraw the complaint and sought removal of the investigating officer handling the case.
In a written complaint to Bangalore Police Commissioner Jyotiprakash Mirji, Suja Jones Mazurier alleged that she was being subjected to "hostile interrogation and the police were trying to pressurise her to withdraw the complaint" against her husband Pascal Mazurier.
Mazurier, Deputy Head of Chancery in the Consulate of France here, was arrested on June 19 based on a complaint from Suja, a Keralite, that he raped her daughter on June 13.
Suja said the investigating officer had been "biased in favour" of her husband right from the time an FIR was filed against him. She also alleged that the officer had not been recording statements properly.
"On June 25, 2012, I was interrogated for several hours running into night between 5 pm and 9 pm," she said, adding that several police officials and investigation officer made accusations against her and cast aspersions on her character. ...The number of people in the investigation were intended to intimidate me," she alleged.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Exiled Kashmiri Pandits share their heart wrenching stories
- Basic ideals of Constitution are in danger: Sonia Gandhi
- PM Modi greets nation on occasion of first Constitution Day
- Manjula Vaghela's journey: From rag picker to head of a firm with Rs 1 cr turnover!
- Indian Army faces shortage of field firing ranges in J&K
- Woman commits suicide after heated discussion with husband over Aamir Khan's intolerance remark
- Intolerance issue: Those attacking me are only proving my point, says Aamir Khan – Read full statement
- Setback to Kejriwal-led AAP as MLA Akhilesh Tripathi arrested in riot case
- 10 interesting facts about Constitution which every Indian must know
- See pic: Genelia marks son's birthday!