French envoy facing rape charge seeks DNA report
Bangalore: French Consulate official Pascal Mazurier, facing charges of raping his four-year-old daughter, today sought a copy of the report on DNA tests of blood and semen samples collected from him.
"Pascal has petitioned Cubbon Park police seeking report on DNA tests of blood and semen samples collected from him," police said here.
The DNA test report of the Forensic Science Laboratory had revealed that the stains on the frock and inner wear of the victim matched with the DNA sample of the accused, but the swab taken from the child did not match that of the accused.
Earlier this week, Pascal in a letter to City Police Commissioner Jyotiprakash Mirji had sought a thorough probe into the case saying the DNA report clearly excluded his participation in the alleged rape.
Pascal said he presumed some other male person has had access to his daughter in his absence and might have committed the crime and wondered why his wife was not trying to find out who that was.
On October 17, Karnataka High Court had granted conditional bail to Pascal, arrested for allegedly raping his minor daughter, observing that the circumstantial evidence did not "specify" he had committed the offence.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- CBSE Class 10 (Class X Board) Result 2015 on cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in at 2 pm
- Check cbseresults.nic.in, cbse.in for CBSE Class 10 X Board Result at 2 pm
- Hours after attacking NDA govt, Manmohan Singh meets PM Narendra Modi
- GUJCET Results 2015 declared on gseb.org
- Centre moves SC against Delhi HC order on LG's powers; hearing on Friday