French envoy facing rape charge seeks DNA report
Bangalore: French Consulate official Pascal Mazurier, facing charges of raping his four-year-old daughter, today sought a copy of the report on DNA tests of blood and semen samples collected from him.
"Pascal has petitioned Cubbon Park police seeking report on DNA tests of blood and semen samples collected from him," police said here.
The DNA test report of the Forensic Science Laboratory had revealed that the stains on the frock and inner wear of the victim matched with the DNA sample of the accused, but the swab taken from the child did not match that of the accused.
Earlier this week, Pascal in a letter to City Police Commissioner Jyotiprakash Mirji had sought a thorough probe into the case saying the DNA report clearly excluded his participation in the alleged rape.
Pascal said he presumed some other male person has had access to his daughter in his absence and might have committed the crime and wondered why his wife was not trying to find out who that was.
On October 17, Karnataka High Court had granted conditional bail to Pascal, arrested for allegedly raping his minor daughter, observing that the circumstantial evidence did not "specify" he had committed the offence.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- NSG now 'nine times' stronger; receives technological strength from 12 countries!
- RJD strongman Shahabuddin brought to Delhi
- UP elections in third phase; voting on 69 seats of 12 districts
- Panel discussion over why SP government is backing Gayatri Prajapati
- 'BJP is winning by absolute majority in Uttar Pradesh Assembly elections'
- 7th Pay Commission: Allowances committee raises HRA to 30%?
- J&K: 26 soldiers martyred, 22 militants killed as Army steps up security in Valley
- Virat Kohli becomes first Indian sportsperson to sign Rs 100-crore endorsement deal
- Virat Kohli thanks sprint legend Usain Bolt for congratulating on 'record' Puma deal