Fresh complaint against BSY, Somanna & others
Bangalore: A fresh complaint was filed before the Lokayukta Court on Thursday against former Chief Minister B S Yeddyurappa, Housing Minister V Somanna and his family members for alleged irregularities in denotification of land.
Besides naming Yeddyurappa and the minister, the complaint has also named Somanna`s wife and son.
The complaint, filed by advocate Yogeshwar, said all the four were allegedly involved in illegal denotification of 30 guntas (a gunta is 1/40 of an acre) in Nagadevanahalli in Doddaballapura rural limits for pecuniary gain, causing loss to the state exchequer.
Lokayukta court judge N K Sundhindra Rao posted the complaint to May 29 for orders on whether to order probe.
Yeddyurappa is already facing a spate of corruption cases and a CBI probe into illegal mining during his tenure as Chief Minister.
On May 21, Karnataka Lokayukta Police had filed a chargesheet against him and former Industries Minister Katta Subramanya Naidu for "criminal misconduct as public servants in arbitrarily denotifying land".
It came on a day when the Lokayukta Special Court ordered probe against Yeddyurappa and Industries Minister Murugesh Nirani on a complaint accusing them of illegally ordering cancellation of an industrial site on the basis of a forged signature.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- China condemns Pakistan over Uri terror attack
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- DNA: Analysis over who is responsible for tense condition of Kashmir after Burhan Wani's death?
- Congress workers thrash students for showing black flags to Rahul Gandhi in Raebareli
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Onam Bumper Lottery/Kerala Thiruvonam Bumper-2016 BR-51 draw result declared - Here is the winning ticket number
- Uri attack: Israel ready to help India with cutting-edge technology to secure borders
- India's Rafale vs Pakistan's F-16: Why the French fighter jet is the best choice for dogfight
- MNS ultimatum to Pakistani actors: Leave India in 48-hour deadline
- All you need to know about Reliance JioFi at Rs 1,999 – use free data till December 31