Fresh complaint against BSY, Somanna & others
Bangalore: A fresh complaint was filed before the Lokayukta Court on Thursday against former Chief Minister B S Yeddyurappa, Housing Minister V Somanna and his family members for alleged irregularities in denotification of land.
Besides naming Yeddyurappa and the minister, the complaint has also named Somanna`s wife and son.
The complaint, filed by advocate Yogeshwar, said all the four were allegedly involved in illegal denotification of 30 guntas (a gunta is 1/40 of an acre) in Nagadevanahalli in Doddaballapura rural limits for pecuniary gain, causing loss to the state exchequer.
Lokayukta court judge N K Sundhindra Rao posted the complaint to May 29 for orders on whether to order probe.
Yeddyurappa is already facing a spate of corruption cases and a CBI probe into illegal mining during his tenure as Chief Minister.
On May 21, Karnataka Lokayukta Police had filed a chargesheet against him and former Industries Minister Katta Subramanya Naidu for "criminal misconduct as public servants in arbitrarily denotifying land".
It came on a day when the Lokayukta Special Court ordered probe against Yeddyurappa and Industries Minister Murugesh Nirani on a complaint accusing them of illegally ordering cancellation of an industrial site on the basis of a forged signature.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's first speech as Uttar Pradesh CM in Gorakhpur
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's speech at Gorakhnath temple
- Yogi Adityanath to visit Gorakhpur for first time today after becoming UP CM
- DNA: Analysing the 'no first use' nuclear policy of India
- BJP MLA Vikram Saini accused of voicing controversial statement
- Is this for real: Ajinkya Rahane bizarre shot went for six, concerned Virat Kohli settles with smile — WATCH
- WATCH: Skipper Virat Kohli carries drinks for Team India
- WATCH: Tom Latham takes IMPOSSIBLE catch to dismiss Faf du Plessis
- Mohanlal's 'Manyam Puli' has a BREATHTAKING scene where TIGER attacks a boy! WATCH 'Pulimurugan' clip
- Kapil Sharma-Sunil Grover fight: Will it be a shutdown for 'The Kapil Sharma Show'?