Fresh complaint against BSY, Somanna & others
Bangalore: A fresh complaint was filed before the Lokayukta Court on Thursday against former Chief Minister B S Yeddyurappa, Housing Minister V Somanna and his family members for alleged irregularities in denotification of land.
Besides naming Yeddyurappa and the minister, the complaint has also named Somanna`s wife and son.
The complaint, filed by advocate Yogeshwar, said all the four were allegedly involved in illegal denotification of 30 guntas (a gunta is 1/40 of an acre) in Nagadevanahalli in Doddaballapura rural limits for pecuniary gain, causing loss to the state exchequer.
Lokayukta court judge N K Sundhindra Rao posted the complaint to May 29 for orders on whether to order probe.
Yeddyurappa is already facing a spate of corruption cases and a CBI probe into illegal mining during his tenure as Chief Minister.
On May 21, Karnataka Lokayukta Police had filed a chargesheet against him and former Industries Minister Katta Subramanya Naidu for "criminal misconduct as public servants in arbitrarily denotifying land".
It came on a day when the Lokayukta Special Court ordered probe against Yeddyurappa and Industries Minister Murugesh Nirani on a complaint accusing them of illegally ordering cancellation of an industrial site on the basis of a forged signature.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis on actions taken against students protesting at JNU
- DNA: Analysis on actions taken against students protesting at JNU - Part II
- Watch: How students at JNU showcased anti-India spirit! - Part II
- DNA: Gravitational waves detected, proving Einstein right!
- Watch: Panel discussion on students turning traitors at JNU - Part IV
- Ex-Army officers threaten to return JNU degrees against 'anti-national' activities in campus
- Delhi Police issues alert over alleged Hafiz Saeed's tweet backing 'pro-Pak' JNU protesters
- Really? Is this why Deepika Padukone not open about her alleged relationship with Ranveer Singh?
- Congress leader from Gujarat conspired to implicate Narendra Modi in Ishrat Jahan case: Ex-IB officer
- JNU row: Congress VP meets protesting students; ABVP raises black flags, shout "Rahul Gandhi Go Back"