Furnish proper documents relating to sureties: NIA to parents
Bangalore: A National Investigation Agency Court on Monday directed parents of a terror suspect, who allegedly conspired to kill prominent politicians and journalists in three states, to furnish proper documents relating to sureties after it expressed dissatisfaction over them.
Mohammed Sultan Beary, the lawyer representing the accused, said the Court took objection to submission of the documents relating to sureties by Ejaz Ahmed Mirza`s parents and directed them to furnish proper papers for facilitating their son`s release.
Beary said the couple were expecting their son`s release today after completion of all formalities in the court.
The case has been posted for tomorrow.
The NIA Court on Feb 28 had ordered release of Mirza, working in DRDO as scientist, on `statutory` bail as NIA failed to file chargesheet against him.
The court had ordered his release upon furnishing of two sureties for Rs. 25,000 each and directed Mirza to surrender his passport.
Other two terror suspects Journalist Muthi-Ur-Rehman Siddiqui and Yusuf Nalband were released after the NIA court`s order to this effect on Feb 26. The court had observed that there was no prosecutable evidence against them.
So far, 15 persons have been arrested in the case while the other 10 are absconding. Siddiqui and Nalband were among those arrested in August 2012.
In its charge-sheet filed in a special NIA court here on Feb 20 against 12 of the 15 persons, NIA had alleged that the accused had hatched a conspiracy to commit terror acts in the country by a LeT supported terror network based abroad and their associates in Karnataka, Andhra Pradesh and Maharashtra.
NIA, which took over investigation in Nov 2012, had stated that charges against Siddiqui and Nalband were being dropped for lack of evidence.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Why is Akhilesh Yadav encouraging dishonesty for votes?
- Is Akhilesh Yadav seeking votes based on development made by Modi govt?
- 15-year old girl stabbed to death in Mumbai
- DU Student Clash : Confrontation among students becomes sensitive, AISA to carry flag march today
- UP polls: Polling for fifth phase of Assembly elections today
- Virender Sehwag's reply to Kargil martyr's daughter has taken the Internet by storm
- Muslims should be cremated, there's no space to bury 20 cr people: BJP MP Sakshi Maharaj
- Gurmehar Kaur reacts to Virender Sehwag's tweet, says she is heart broken!
- Gurmehar Kaur row: Girl who got 'Shiva stole' gift from PM Narendra Modi says she got rape threat from Congress politician
- Yogeshwar Dutt takes a dig at Javed Akhtar after being called 'a hardly literate wrestler'