Furnish proper documents relating to sureties: NIA to parents
  • This Section
  • Latest
  • Web Wrap
Last Updated: Monday, March 04, 2013, 20:38
  
Bangalore: A National Investigation Agency Court on Monday directed parents of a terror suspect, who allegedly conspired to kill prominent politicians and journalists in three states, to furnish proper documents relating to sureties after it expressed dissatisfaction over them.

Mohammed Sultan Beary, the lawyer representing the accused, said the Court took objection to submission of the documents relating to sureties by Ejaz Ahmed Mirza's parents and directed them to furnish proper papers for facilitating their son's release.

Beary said the couple were expecting their son's release today after completion of all formalities in the court.

The case has been posted for tomorrow.

The NIA Court on Feb 28 had ordered release of Mirza, working in DRDO as scientist, on 'statutory' bail as NIA failed to file chargesheet against him.

The court had ordered his release upon furnishing of two sureties for Rs. 25,000 each and directed Mirza to surrender his passport.

Other two terror suspects Journalist Muthi-Ur-Rehman Siddiqui and Yusuf Nalband were released after the NIA court's order to this effect on Feb 26. The court had observed that there was no prosecutable evidence against them.

So far, 15 persons have been arrested in the case while the other 10 are absconding. Siddiqui and Nalband were among those arrested in August 2012.

In its charge-sheet filed in a special NIA court here on Feb 20 against 12 of the 15 persons, NIA had alleged that the accused had hatched a conspiracy to commit terror acts in the country by a LeT supported terror network based abroad and their associates in Karnataka, Andhra Pradesh and Maharashtra.

NIA, which took over investigation in Nov 2012, had stated that charges against Siddiqui and Nalband were being dropped for lack of evidence.

PTI


First Published: Monday, March 04, 2013, 20:38


comments powered by Disqus