Gadilingappa files nomination as BJP candidate
Bellary: Local businessman P Gadilingappa
on Friday filed his nomination papers as BJP candidate for the
Bellary Rural bypoll scheduled to be held on November 30.
Gadilingappa was accompanied by state BJP president K S
Eshwarappa and Chief Minister D V Sadananda Gowda.
BJP had announced Gadilingappa`s candidature last night
after its efforts to woo former minister B Sreeraumulu, who
has quit the party and contesting the bypoll as an
independent, back into its fold failed.
Party sources said talks with Sreeramulu failed as he
insisted on a commitment for a ministerial berth to him if he
wins the bypoll.
BJP, on the other hand, refused to give in to his demands
fearing it could destabilise the state government.
Sreeramulu, who was part of the previous B S Yeddyurappa
Government, was excluded in the Sadananda Ministry in view of
his indictment in the Lokayukta report into illegal mining.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Zee Media Exclusive interview with UPSC topper Ira Singhal's family
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Is Corporate Social Responsibility nothing but a marketing gimmick?
- Journalist covering Vyapam scam dies in Madhya Pradesh
- Vyapam Scam: IMA president Sudhir Tiwari fears life threat
- AIB: Polythene ban - Do we care enough?
- Vyapam scam: MP medical college dean found dead in hotel, body sent for post-mortem
- Dawood Ibrahim's surrender offer rejected due to a 'condition', clarifies Sharad Pawar
- Vyapam scam: Last rites of journalist Akshay Singh performed; MP CM assures of SIT probe
- Photographer captures International Space Station flying across moon
- Akshay Singh's death case: MP CM assures fair probe, lambasts Oppn over Vyapam scam