Gadkari slaps legal notice on Kumaraswamy
Bangalore: BJP president Nitin Gadkari on Saturday served legal notices on JDS leader HD Kumaraswamy and a Congress leader for alleging that mining magnates Reddy brothers had gifted a golden sword worth Rs 40 lakh to him.
Terming the allegation as "baseless" and defamatory, Gadkari threatened to initiate criminal proceedings if Kumaraswamy and state Congress spokesman VS Ugrappa did not tender an unconditional apology.
In the legal notice, Gadkari said Kumaraswamy`s charge that G Janardhana Reddy and G Karunakara Reddy gifted him a Rs 40 lakh worth golden sword during his recent visit to Bellary was "totally baseless" and it was made knowingly to harm his image.
Notices have also been served on two representatives of an English tabloid for publishing the story in its August 17 edition.
Gadkari has demanded that the tabloid publish an unconditional apology, failing which he would sue it.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of Lal Bahadur Shastri's mysterious death
- DNA: Analysis of Prime Minister Modi's rapidfire politics on Gandhi Jayanti
- Bihar will celebrate two Diwalis in 2015, one will be after poll results: Modi
- Is Mahatma Gandhi's name slowly fading away from the minds of the youth?
- Lalu Prasad calls beef eating people uncultured
- Sonia begins Bihar polls campaining; accuses PM Modi of 'narrow-mindedness'
- Indrani Mukerjea's condition critical due to drug overdose; Maha govt orders inquiry
- Jhalak Dikhhla Jaa Reloaded: Shahid reveals about meeting Aishwarya
- Salman Khan’s ‘Prem Ratan Dhan Payo’ trailer creates a record!
- Indrani Mukerjea's FSL report rules out drug overdose, says no chemicals found in stomach wash