Gadkari slaps legal notice on Kumaraswamy
Bangalore: BJP president Nitin Gadkari on Saturday served legal notices on JDS leader HD Kumaraswamy and a Congress leader for alleging that mining magnates Reddy brothers had gifted a golden sword worth Rs 40 lakh to him.
Terming the allegation as "baseless" and defamatory, Gadkari threatened to initiate criminal proceedings if Kumaraswamy and state Congress spokesman VS Ugrappa did not tender an unconditional apology.
In the legal notice, Gadkari said Kumaraswamy`s charge that G Janardhana Reddy and G Karunakara Reddy gifted him a Rs 40 lakh worth golden sword during his recent visit to Bellary was "totally baseless" and it was made knowingly to harm his image.
Notices have also been served on two representatives of an English tabloid for publishing the story in its August 17 edition.
Gadkari has demanded that the tabloid publish an unconditional apology, failing which he would sue it.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on breaking the law over cow security
- Panel discussion on breaking the law over cow security - Part II
- Panel discussion on breaking the law over cow security - Part III
- When will Indian roads become free from potholes and open manholes?
- When will Indian roads become free from potholes and open manholes? - Part II
- Wimbledon: Serena Williams enters second round ousts Amra Sadikovic
- Malaika Arora maintains silence over Salman's rape metaphor
- `Run machine` Virat Kohli credits physical fitness for consistency in performance
- LeEco sells 61,000 units of Le 2 and Le Max2 for online sales record of Rs 78 cr
- Madhuri Dixit turns singer on reality show