Gadkari tries to placate Reddy brothers
Bellary (Karnataka): In an attempt to placate
mining magnates and Reddy brothers who failed to get
minsiterial berths in Karnataka, BJP President Nitin Gadkari
on Friday told them that "ministerial post is not permanent in
Gadkari,who inaugurated a Mass Marriage programme organised
by the district BJP unit here under the leadership of former
minister B Sreeramulu, exhorted the Reddy brothers--Janardhana
and Karunakara--to devote their energies to the service of
"Many people have lost ministerial posts in the party. But
the party workers continue their work with enthusiasm. Ours is
a party of dedicated workers", Gadkari said.
Gadkari showered praises on the pro-people programmes
implemented by former Chief Minister B S Yeddyurappa in the
last three years in Karnataka and said "I am satisified by
Yeddyurappa, who was forced by BJP to quit after his
indictment by a Lokayukta report on illegal mining, was
present on the occasion.
G Janardhana Reddy, his brother G Karunakara Reddy and
their associate Sreeramulu were kept out of the D V Sadananda
Gowda ministry in the wake of their names figuring in the
Lokayukta`s report on illegal mining, despite their attempts
to return to cabinet.
The mass marriage being organised for the 12th successive
year saw 180 pairs from the districts of Koppal, Bellary,
Chitradurga and Raichur entering into wedlock.
Besides Sreeramulu, Reddy brothers, ministers Shobha
Karandlaje and Basavaraj Bommai were also present.
A notable absentee today was Leader of the Opposition in
Lok Sabha Sushma Swaraj who had earlier been a regular in this
- Why should religion become a basis to fight for women's rights?
- Why should religion become a basis to fight for women's rights? - Part II
- Why should religion become a basis to fight for women's rights? - Part III
- Why should religion become a basis to fight for women's rights? - Part IV
- Will Sonia Gandhi reveal the truth behind AgustaWestland chopper scam?
- Recovery across key sectors 'surprisingly strong': Nomura
- Took liberty to up entertainment quotient in 'Azhar': Emraan Hashmi
- PHOTO: Vintage Sachin! When Master Blaster turned out for Yorkshire
- AgustaWestland scam: Arvind Kejriwal dares BJP to arrest Congress chief Sonia Gandhi
- VITEEE 2016 exam results declared! Check VIT Engineering Entrance Examination ranks now