Gadkari tries to placate Reddy brothers
Bellary (Karnataka): In an attempt to placate
mining magnates and Reddy brothers who failed to get
minsiterial berths in Karnataka, BJP President Nitin Gadkari
on Friday told them that "ministerial post is not permanent in
Gadkari,who inaugurated a Mass Marriage programme organised
by the district BJP unit here under the leadership of former
minister B Sreeramulu, exhorted the Reddy brothers--Janardhana
and Karunakara--to devote their energies to the service of
"Many people have lost ministerial posts in the party. But
the party workers continue their work with enthusiasm. Ours is
a party of dedicated workers", Gadkari said.
Gadkari showered praises on the pro-people programmes
implemented by former Chief Minister B S Yeddyurappa in the
last three years in Karnataka and said "I am satisified by
Yeddyurappa, who was forced by BJP to quit after his
indictment by a Lokayukta report on illegal mining, was
present on the occasion.
G Janardhana Reddy, his brother G Karunakara Reddy and
their associate Sreeramulu were kept out of the D V Sadananda
Gowda ministry in the wake of their names figuring in the
Lokayukta`s report on illegal mining, despite their attempts
to return to cabinet.
The mass marriage being organised for the 12th successive
year saw 180 pairs from the districts of Koppal, Bellary,
Chitradurga and Raichur entering into wedlock.
Besides Sreeramulu, Reddy brothers, ministers Shobha
Karandlaje and Basavaraj Bommai were also present.
A notable absentee today was Leader of the Opposition in
Lok Sabha Sushma Swaraj who had earlier been a regular in this
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Rajasthan: Gujjars revive reservation agitation, block rail track
- J Jayalalithaa sworn-in as Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Aspiring for more than what you have!
- ISIS to buy first nuclear weapon from Pak?
- Mumbai: CCTV captures assailant with gun at Film City
- Mathura SSP receives death threat letter, message for PM Modi
- BJP now central pole of Indian politics: Arun Jaitley
- Maharashtra FDA sends Maggi noodles for lab testing
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 7:30pm
- Haridwar: Hotel Radisson Blu sealed for polluting Ganga
- Reservation issue: Police register case against Bainsla, 20 others
- Delhi: Two killed in road accident in New Ashok Nagar
- Girl in Punjab's Pathankot quit studies for fear of eve-teasing
- Zee Media exclusive chat with 'Welcome to Karachi' cast
- Zee Media exclusive interview with Haryana CM Manohar Lal Khattar
- Goa Board SSC Exam Results 2015 announced
- ISIS close to buying nuclear weapon from Pakistan?
- Manohar Parrikar visits forward areas along LoC, reviews security situation
- Credibility of Prime Minister's Office restored by BJP, says Arun Jaitley
- ISIS justifies raping slave girls, says Michelle Obama is 'worth $40'
- IPL 2015 Final: Mumbai Indians vs Chennai Super Kings - Preview
- 'Unhappy' Celina Jaitley asks Sunny Leone to move out?
- Arvind Kejriwal to highlight AAP govt's 100 days work on Monday
- CBSE Results 2015: 10th board exam results to be declared on May 27
- BJP's plan for one-year celebration: 200 big rallies, 5,000 public meetings
- IPL 8 Final: We need to be at our best against Mumbai, says Michael Hussey
- Heatwave leaves 153 dead in Telangana, Andhra Pradesh
- Heatwave kills 223 in AP, Telangana, Chandrababu Naidu announces compensation; Delhi records hottest day
- 'Tanu Weds Manu Returns' starts on a good note at the Box Office!
- CBSE Results 2015: 12th board exam results to be declared on May 25