Gang that killed drivers and stole cars nabbed
Bangalore: A seven-member gang that hitched
rides in cars before killing the driver and stealing the
vehicle has been arrested.
The gang was nabbed yesterday and police said they had also
recovered valuables worth 12 lakh, including Rs 8 lakh in
cash, three machetes and six mobile phones from them.
In October 2011, the gang allegedly murdered car driver
Vinod Kumar by strangulating him and threw his body into a
river near Avalahalli dam in Bagalur on the city outskirts, a
police statement said.
The stolen car was later seized in Andhra Pradesh when it
was being used for illegal transport of liquor, it said.
In another instance, the gang had allegedly strangulated to
death another car driver and threw the body in an isolated
forest area near Bommanahalli, police said.
The accused also allegedly robbed members of the public at
knife point in places such as Bangalore city, Mandya,
Malavalli and K M Doddi, the statement said.
Several cases of robbery, theft and threat have been
registered against the gang in various police stations in the
city, police said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 24 dead after boat carrying 40 capsizes in river Ganga in Patna; many still missing
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: What characteristics define a true leader?
- Tourists flock to Manali as snowfall takes a short break
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- Assembly elections: BJP likely to announce its first list of candidates for UP, Uttarakhand
- Abhishek Bachchan reveals the moment when Aishwarya Rai said 'yes' to him
- India vs England, 1st ODI: As it happened...
- India vs England, Pune ODI: MS Dhoni still the boss; convinces Virat Kohli with spot on DRS call — WATCH
- India vs England, 1st ODI: Ravichandran Aswhin steals the show with huge six — WATCH
- Petrol price hiked by 42 paisa per litre, diesel by Rs 1.03 a litre