Gang that killed drivers and stole cars nabbed
Bangalore: A seven-member gang that hitched
rides in cars before killing the driver and stealing the
vehicle has been arrested.
The gang was nabbed yesterday and police said they had also
recovered valuables worth 12 lakh, including Rs 8 lakh in
cash, three machetes and six mobile phones from them.
In October 2011, the gang allegedly murdered car driver
Vinod Kumar by strangulating him and threw his body into a
river near Avalahalli dam in Bagalur on the city outskirts, a
police statement said.
The stolen car was later seized in Andhra Pradesh when it
was being used for illegal transport of liquor, it said.
In another instance, the gang had allegedly strangulated to
death another car driver and threw the body in an isolated
forest area near Bommanahalli, police said.
The accused also allegedly robbed members of the public at
knife point in places such as Bangalore city, Mandya,
Malavalli and K M Doddi, the statement said.
Several cases of robbery, theft and threat have been
registered against the gang in various police stations in the
city, police said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of terror attacks in Baramulla and Kupwara
- DNA: Farooq Abdullah insults national anthem, talks on phone
- Should IAS officers express their opinion on social media platform?
- Should IAS officers express their opinion on social media platform?- Part II
- Should IAS officers express their opinion on social media platform?- Part III
- Subramanian panel submits report on New Education Policy
- 'Meri Pyaari Bindu' Parineeti Chopra is in awe of Kolkata!
- Andhra Pradesh CM Chandrababu Naidu hints at providing reservation to upper caste poor
- French Open 2016, Day 6: Rafael Nadal pulls out, Andy Murray and Kei Nishikori enter last 16
- China to expand counter-terror cooperation with India: Official