Gangubai `gurukul` to become operational soon
Hubli: The "gurukul" (music school) being
established here in memory of legendary Hindustani vocalist
Gangubai Hanagal would become operational soon, Karnataka
Rural Development and Panchayatraj Minister Jagadish Shettar
said here today.
Offering floral tributes to Hanagal, the doyen of Kirana
Gharana, on her first death anniversary, he said the Dr
Gangubai Gurukul Music School would soon be thrown open to the
students of music. Ninetyfive per cent of the construction
work was already over.
It would be one of the biggest gurukuls in the country,
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Karnataka, Madhya Pradesh bypoll results: As it happened on November 24
- Tirupati, Tirumala rains update: Temple remains open; pilgrims continue to pour in for darshan
- BJP's big poser to Aamir Khan: Is there any better neighbour for Muslims than a Hindu?
- Muslim leader Asaduddin Owaisi says Aamir Khan wrong in wanting to leave India
- Salman Khan rules 2015 Bollywood Box Office – here’s why