Girl child in standard 1 to get Rs 2 per day in Karnataka
Bangalore: Each girl child will get Rs two a day for attending Class 1 in Karnataka government schools under a state scheme aimed at increasing enrolment in government-run schools.
The scheme is effective January one and would entail an expenditure of Rs 4.49 crore, State Law and Parliamentary Affairs Minister TB Jayachandra told reporters after a cabinet meeting.
Besides boosting enrolment, it would improve human development index, he said.
Jayachandra said the cabinet also decided to double the quantity of wheat to be distributed along with regular rice as part of "Anna Bhagya scheme" to Below Poverty Line cardholders, living in North Karnataka.
"Now, BPL beneficiaries, who are divided into various categories as per family size, will get 4 kgs, 6 kgs, 8 kgs and 10 kgs of wheat," he added.
The cabinet also decided to dismiss those officers who have been convicted in a court, Jayachandra said. Two health officers had been dismissed after they were convicted.
Jayachandra also said the stamp duty fee has been reduced to 50 per cent for those who were given alternative land as compensation for losing their land for building Mangalore Special Economic Zone Limited.
On "Akrama Sakrama scheme", Jayachandra said the cabinet has decided to fix a rate for regularising illegal construction on government land as per the the amended Section 94 C of the Karnataka Land Revenue Act. "This is only for rural areas," he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh addresses Parliament over Kashmir violence
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh addresses Parliament over Kashmir violence – Part II
- I am a Goddess for the weaker section which is making people angry: Mayawati
- Sacked BJP leader Dayashankar to be arrested soon for controversial remark on Mayawati
- Why do politicians show concern about Dalits during elections only?
- Tamil Nadu Budget 2016-17: All you need to know
- Need mix of fiscal, monetary policies to deal with Brexit: FM Jaitley
- Rio Olympics 2016: CAS rejects Russia appeal, bars athletes from mega event
- This manatee is interested in paddleboarding – Watch video!
- Oscar Pistorius: Prosecutors seek longer sentence for tainted Paralympian