Girl commits suicide in Karnataka
Mangalore: A 17 year old girl allegedly committed suicide by jumping off the bridge into Phalguni river at Gurupur near here on Wednesday, police said.
Locals found the body of the girl, working as a sales girl in a textile shop, floating near the river bank at Gurupur Kaikamba Bridge, police said.
According to the local people, she was seen coming near the bridge in an auto rickshaw and jumped into the river as soon as the auto left. The reason for the suicide is not immediately known, police said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- JNU shouts anti-nationalist slogans; nation questions intent
- Ishrat Jahan was LeT terrorist, reveals David Headley
- Afzal Guru row: Why no action against supporters at JNU?
- Siachen braveheart Lance Naik Hanumanthappa passes away
- Railway Minister Suresh Prabhu launches three new services for train passengers
- India mourns Lance Naik Hanumanthappa Koppad's death: Who said what
- ISI trains JeM, LeT terrorists: Former Pak president Pervez Musharraf
- Came to Mumbai from Pakistan to select 26/11 attack sites, David Headley tells Mumbai court
- 'Afzal Guru amar rahe', 'Kashmir lekar rahenge' slogans raised at Press Club of India
- Siachen braveheart loses battle for life; India pays homage to Lance Naik Hanumanthappa, PM Modi 'devastated'