Girl gets poor marks, made to beg by father
Mysore: In a shocking incident, a 12-year-old girl was forced to beg by her father in Mysore after she scored poorly in her exams.
Prakash Swamy, who works as a senior assistant lab technician, forced his daughter to beg in her school uniform in front of a city temple as he was upset with her for faring badly in Class VII exams.
The girl, who was weeping while sitting in front of the temple, was taken to a police station by an NGO worker.
The police then arrested Prakash and produced him before a local court which granted him bail. A case has been registered against him under the Juvenile Justice Act.
Justifying his action, Prakash told cops that his “intention was to teach her the hardships of life".
"My father used to shout at me every day for getting out of bed late and not scoring good marks. He was very angry yesterday and gave me an aluminium bowl before forcibly making me beg near a temple," the girl told police, as per a newspaper.
The girl for now is in the custody of Child Welfare Committee, as the father is refusing to accept her saying she has "spoilt his reputation".
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- Call up this number and get Reliance Jio's SIM for sure
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- If you have guts, send your suicide bombers to Pakistan: Samajwadi Party to MNS' Raj Thackeray