Girl students take out march in Bangalore, Bidar
Bangalore/Bidar: Students of a leading women`s college in Bangalore on Wednesday held a march demanding safety to women and stern action against those committing atrocities including rape.
Displaying banners denouncing crimes against women, the students of Mount Carmel College opposed statements on suggesting a dress code. The students marched from Queens Circle to their college.
In Bidar, about 15 women organisations held a similar rally. Girl students there marched through main streets demanding action against rapists.
The organisers of the rally alleged that no action has been taken against the culprits despite 27 rape cases, including that of three minor girls, in the district.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- J&K: LeT militant gunned down by security forces in Bandipora
- Etah: School bus collides with truck, several children killed
- DNA: Will multi-level car parking system across India help reduce traffic jams?
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- Bengaluru pips Silicon Valley to become world's most dynamic city