Girl thrown out of train for resisting molestation
Mysore: A 19-year-old orphan girl was grievously injured after she was pushed out of a running train by four men as she resisted their attempts to molest her.
Police said the girl was pushed out of Yeshwantpur-Mysore Express train near Maddur, about 63 km from here, yesterday and fell 25 feet below on the dry river bed of Shimsha.
The girl has been admitted to the Mandya Institute of Medical Sciences, where she is being treated for injuries to the head, backbone and legs.
The four men have been arrested, Mysore Additional Superintendent of Police Rajanna said.
The girl, a tailor at a garment factory in Bangalore, was travelling to her hometown Mysore on leave to spend time with her grandmother when the incident took place, he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Discussion over BJP's enormous victory in Maharashtra civic polls
- UP polls: Top 5 highlights of PM Modi's speech in Bahraich
- Is Samajwadi Party-Congress alliance just a compulsion for Akhilesh Yadav?
- NASA discovers seven Earth-like planets orbiting a single star
- BMC elections 2017: Who will be the Mayor of Mumbai?
- Reliance Jio Vs Airtel free data plan: A comparison
- BMC election 2017 results: As it happened
- Maharashtra Civic Poll Results 2017: As it happened on Thursday
- WATCH: When Matthew Renshaw left everybody surprised by 'retiring ill' on Day 1 of India-England Test
- World's heaviest woman loses 50 kilos in just 12 days