Give up conclave and attend to flood hit people`s woes: JDS
Bangalore: The JDS Thursday demanded that the BJP government in Karnataka immediately call off its conclave at Mysore, scheduled to end today and respond to woes of people of North Karnataka, battered by heavy rains in the past few days.
"Thirty one people have died. Thousands of head of livestock have perished in floods and standing crops have been washed away. But the BJP government ministers are taking
lessons from RSS on how to govern", state unit JDS president H D Kumaraswamy said told a press conference here.
None of the ministers in-charge of districts in North Karnataka have bothered to visit their respective districts despite the flood havoc, Kumaraswamy, who returned from a tour of Belgaum district this morning, alleged.
"Now it is clear that the BJP government has not started functioning even after 16 months of assuming office. Now they are getting training in governance. Let them hold any number of meetings, we are not concerned about it", he said, in an apparently taking a swipe at the three-day conclave, the second to be held in a gap of about five months.
The meeting that began on September 29 concludes today. Yeddyurappa yesterday announced Rs one lakh compensation to families of those killed and directed Water Resources Minister Basavaraj Bommai to visit Belgaum and Minor Irrigation Minister Govind Karjol to go to Bijapur.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar stands in a queue at Pune wedding!
- Jamaat-e-Islami chief announces Rs 100 cr reward for PM Modi's arrest
- India's second deadliest heatwave kills more than 2000 people
- DNA: Captain Saurabh Kalia's torture at the hands of Pakistani Army
- DNA: Govt tests Maggi noodle samples from all states
- Check CHSE orrisharesults.nic.in, chseodisha.nic.in for Class 12 (Plus Two) Result 2015
- Will ask SC if India can pursue Captain Saurabh Kalia case against Pakistan in ICJ: Sushma Swaraj
- Salman, Aamir, Shah Rukh in a film together?
- Assam Board (seba.net.in & resultsassam.nic.in): SEBA HSLC / AHM class 10th Results 2015 to be announced today
- Anti-minority remarks by Sangh Parivar leaders 'uncalled for': Narendra Modi