Give up conclave and attend to flood hit people`s woes: JDS
Bangalore: The JDS Thursday demanded that the BJP government in Karnataka immediately call off its conclave at Mysore, scheduled to end today and respond to woes of people of North Karnataka, battered by heavy rains in the past few days.
"Thirty one people have died. Thousands of head of livestock have perished in floods and standing crops have been washed away. But the BJP government ministers are taking
lessons from RSS on how to govern", state unit JDS president H D Kumaraswamy said told a press conference here.
None of the ministers in-charge of districts in North Karnataka have bothered to visit their respective districts despite the flood havoc, Kumaraswamy, who returned from a tour of Belgaum district this morning, alleged.
"Now it is clear that the BJP government has not started functioning even after 16 months of assuming office. Now they are getting training in governance. Let them hold any number of meetings, we are not concerned about it", he said, in an apparently taking a swipe at the three-day conclave, the second to be held in a gap of about five months.
The meeting that began on September 29 concludes today. Yeddyurappa yesterday announced Rs one lakh compensation to families of those killed and directed Water Resources Minister Basavaraj Bommai to visit Belgaum and Minor Irrigation Minister Govind Karjol to go to Bijapur.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- IAF Mirage fighter plane lands on Yamuna Expressway!
- 'Maggi' under regulatory scanner for excess amount of lead, MSG
- Watch: Michelle Obama's 'Gimme Five' fitness video
- When Subramanian Swamy shocked people at a wedding!
- Mumbaikars join hands to save Pakistani teen with rare illness
- Mumbai: Diamond export company denies job to Muslim youth
- PM Modi speaks at Golden Jubilee celebrations of poet Dinkar’s works
- Aapke Sitare: Astro prediction for May 21, 2015
- Mirage 2000 fighter jet landing was part of capability demonstration: IAF
- DNA: IAF Mirage 2000 fighter plane lands successfully on Yamuna expressway
- DNA: Osama documents show 'Indian brother in Madinah' financed al Qaeda
- Coal scam: Naveen Jindal, Madhu Koda and others get bail
- Vadodara: Policemen seen dancing with bar girls
- One year of Modi govt: Arun Jaitley addresses press conference
- ISIS executes Syrian fighter using anti-tank rocket launcher
- CBSE Class 10 Results 2015 to be announced today?
- IAF jet lands on Yamuna expressway
- Check Jharkhand Board jac.nic.in: Class 12th Art Results 2015 declared
- Fawad Khan doesn’t want intimate scenes with Sonam Kapoor?
- Log on to apeamcet.org AP EAMCET Results 2015: Andhra Pradesh EAMCET Marks and AP EAMCET Ranks 2015 declared
- We hire only non-Muslim candidates, diamond export firm tells Muslim youth
- Is MSG in 'Maggi' noodles harmful for you?
- Mumbai firm booked for denying Muslim MBA graduate job on religious grounds, probe ordered
- New IPL rules could see Chennai Super Kings lose MS Dhoni
- Jayalalithaa makes public appearance, meets Governor: As it happened
- `Piku` hits jackpot, does Rs 100 crore business worldwide
- Anurag Kashyap to bid goodbye to India, settle in 'cinema-friendly' France!
- SSLC (tnresults.nic.in) Tenth 10th Results 2015: Tamil Nadu Board Class 10th X Higher Secondary exam results 2015 to be announced shortly
- IPL 2015, Qualifier 2, Chennai Super Kings vs Royal Challengers Bangalore: Preview
- Geelani's passport application incomplete, cannot be processed: MEA