Governor flags off Republic Day celebrations in Karnataka
Bangalore: Karnataka Governor Hans Raj Bhardwaj Sunday flagged off the 65th Republic Day celebrations across the state by hoisting the tricolour and inspecting a guard of honour at the Field Marshal Manekshaw parade ground here.
On a bright sunny day, rose petals were showered from an army chopper around the podium area where the governor, his wife, Chief Minister Siddaramaiah and other dignitaries were seated.
After unfurling the national flag, Bhardwaj inspected the guard of honour from an open jeep. He received salute from the armed forces, police, National Cadet Corps, Scouts and Guides, and hundreds of school children.
About 5,000 people gathered at the venue cheered the security forces and other participants.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Beaten by mob in Kolkata, US NRI vows never to return in India
- When will democracy get freedom from dynasty politics?
- Delhi: Taxi driver dies as BMW rams into car near IIT
- DNA: Has bad time started for American 'media' after Donald Trump became US President?
- DNA: Analyzing the role of Netaji Subhash Chandra Bose in Indian Independence
- WATCH: Epic Staredown between Goldberg, The Undertaker and Brock Lesnar at WWE Raw
- Jallikattu stir: As it happened on Monday
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP
- International Space Station – When, where and how to spot ISS
- Reliance Jio impact: Bharti Airtel Q3 net profit dips 54% to Rs 503.7 crore