Governor flags off Republic Day celebrations in Karnataka
Bangalore: Karnataka Governor Hans Raj Bhardwaj Sunday flagged off the 65th Republic Day celebrations across the state by hoisting the tricolour and inspecting a guard of honour at the Field Marshal Manekshaw parade ground here.
On a bright sunny day, rose petals were showered from an army chopper around the podium area where the governor, his wife, Chief Minister Siddaramaiah and other dignitaries were seated.
After unfurling the national flag, Bhardwaj inspected the guard of honour from an open jeep. He received salute from the armed forces, police, National Cadet Corps, Scouts and Guides, and hundreds of school children.
About 5,000 people gathered at the venue cheered the security forces and other participants.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- PM Modi calls meeting to review Indus Waters Treaty today
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak - Part II
- DNA: Today in History, 24th September, 2016
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Govt calls meet on Indus Water Treaty; Water Resources Ministry, MEA to brief PM Modi