Governor’s speech disappointing, directionless: Cong
Bangalore: Congress termed Governor HR Bhardwaj’s address to the joint session of the Karnataka legislature today as unimpressive and said it lacked specific programme or direction.
Leader of the Opposition in the Assembly Siddaramaiah said the Governor’s speech repeated old schemes mentioned in the last two budgets of the Government. He dubbed it "disappointing" and "direction-less".
The speech had failed to indicate any specific programme to tackle drought in 99 taluks, shortage of power and check "rampant" corruption in the implementation of schemes such as Mahatma Gandhi National Rural Employment Guarantee Act, he
Terming it as a customary speech with nothing new in it, the Congress leader said no solutions have been mentioned for tackling drinking water crisis, power shortage and migration of people in drought-hit taluks.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi: 8-year-old boy dies after falling into pothole
- Woman commits suicide in UP after posting message on social media
- Nirbhaya gang-rape convict Vinay Sharma attempts suicide in Tihar Jail
- Rajnath Singh, Mehbooba Mufti hold joint press conference on Kashmir violence
- Will appoint nodal officer for Kashmiris: Rajnath Singh
- Attack on Kabul`s American University ends as attackers killed
- Colombia announces historic peace pact
- Aamir Khan's '3 Idiots' sequel on the cards? Here's what Rajkumar Hirani has to say!
- 'Nirbhaya' gang-rape: Convict Vinay Sharma attempts suicide in Tihar Jail, admitted to hospital
- Iranian Navy in `unsafe` intercept of US destroyer: Defense official