Governor’s speech disappointing, directionless: Cong
Bangalore: Congress termed Governor HR Bhardwaj’s address to the joint session of the Karnataka legislature today as unimpressive and said it lacked specific programme or direction.
Leader of the Opposition in the Assembly Siddaramaiah said the Governor’s speech repeated old schemes mentioned in the last two budgets of the Government. He dubbed it "disappointing" and "direction-less".
The speech had failed to indicate any specific programme to tackle drought in 99 taluks, shortage of power and check "rampant" corruption in the implementation of schemes such as Mahatma Gandhi National Rural Employment Guarantee Act, he
Terming it as a customary speech with nothing new in it, the Congress leader said no solutions have been mentioned for tackling drinking water crisis, power shortage and migration of people in drought-hit taluks.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- FORMER PRESIDENT OF INDIA APJ ABDUL KALAM PASSES AWAY
- Politicos mourn death of former president APJ Abdul Kalam, hail him as 'Missile Man of India'
- When UN declared Dr APJ Abdul Kalam's 79th birthday as World Students' Day
- SC hearing on 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's curative plea
- Cricket series can't happen along with terror attacks: Anurag Thakur warns PCB