Governor’s speech disappointing, directionless: Cong
Bangalore: Congress termed Governor HR Bhardwaj’s address to the joint session of the Karnataka legislature today as unimpressive and said it lacked specific programme or direction.
Leader of the Opposition in the Assembly Siddaramaiah said the Governor’s speech repeated old schemes mentioned in the last two budgets of the Government. He dubbed it "disappointing" and "direction-less".
The speech had failed to indicate any specific programme to tackle drought in 99 taluks, shortage of power and check "rampant" corruption in the implementation of schemes such as Mahatma Gandhi National Rural Employment Guarantee Act, he
Terming it as a customary speech with nothing new in it, the Congress leader said no solutions have been mentioned for tackling drinking water crisis, power shortage and migration of people in drought-hit taluks.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Narsingh Yadav doping controversy: Who's to blame?
- Narsingh Yadav doping controversy: Who's to blame? - Part II
- NADA likely to declare verdict on wrestler Narsingh Yadav's doping case on Thursday
- DNA: Analysis of crime, fraud and corruption during election in POK
- DNA: Analysis of crime, fraud and corruption during election in POK - Part II
- Airtel proposes Rs 30 crore annual package to Sunil Mittal
- Chinese soldiers spotted in Uttarakhand's Chamoli; defence ministry says 'no incursion'
- US Presidential Elections: Donald Trump could win, warns Barack Obama
- Delhi Transport Minister says 17 auto unions end strike; union leader denies
- World at war over money, not religious faith, says Pope