Governor’s speech disappointing, directionless: Cong
Bangalore: Congress termed Governor HR Bhardwaj’s address to the joint session of the Karnataka legislature today as unimpressive and said it lacked specific programme or direction.
Leader of the Opposition in the Assembly Siddaramaiah said the Governor’s speech repeated old schemes mentioned in the last two budgets of the Government. He dubbed it "disappointing" and "direction-less".
The speech had failed to indicate any specific programme to tackle drought in 99 taluks, shortage of power and check "rampant" corruption in the implementation of schemes such as Mahatma Gandhi National Rural Employment Guarantee Act, he
Terming it as a customary speech with nothing new in it, the Congress leader said no solutions have been mentioned for tackling drinking water crisis, power shortage and migration of people in drought-hit taluks.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- BSP shrugs off Rita Bahuguna 's jump; says BJP will still face defeat in UP polls
- Navjot Singh Sidhu out on zero to Waqar Younis in 1990 – The match Kapil Sharma keeps talking about
- MS Dhoni reacts in astonishment as Axar Patel takes a stunning one-handed catch - VIDEO
- Pierce Brosnan 'deeply shocked and saddened' because of Pan Masala brand ad
- Sushant Singh Rajput’s former girlfriend Ankita Lokhande’s Karva Chauth photos will surprise you