Governor’s speech disappointing, directionless: Cong
Bangalore: Congress termed Governor HR Bhardwaj’s address to the joint session of the Karnataka legislature today as unimpressive and said it lacked specific programme or direction.
Leader of the Opposition in the Assembly Siddaramaiah said the Governor’s speech repeated old schemes mentioned in the last two budgets of the Government. He dubbed it "disappointing" and "direction-less".
The speech had failed to indicate any specific programme to tackle drought in 99 taluks, shortage of power and check "rampant" corruption in the implementation of schemes such as Mahatma Gandhi National Rural Employment Guarantee Act, he
Terming it as a customary speech with nothing new in it, the Congress leader said no solutions have been mentioned for tackling drinking water crisis, power shortage and migration of people in drought-hit taluks.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Know the significance of Devshayani Ekadashi
- Punjab: Terrorists in Army uniform attack police station in Gurdaspur
- Punjab: Gurdaspur gunbattle ends, all terrorists killed
- Grief stricken people shout slogans as Kalam's body carried out of hospital
- Mumbai blasts case: Maharashtra govt opposes Yakub Memon's mercy plea in SC
- Politicos mourn death of former president APJ Abdul Kalam, hail him as 'Missile Man of India'
- SC to resume hearing on Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's mercy plea on Tuesday
- FORMER PRESIDENT OF INDIA APJ ABDUL KALAM PASSES AWAY
- Lalu Prasad Yadav arrested as RJD bandh cripples life in Bihar
- Terrorists in Army uniform attack police station in Punjab's Gurdaspur; 3 killed