Govt may unveil aerospace policy immediately after winter session
Bangalore: An aerospace policy aimed at attracting global investments and making Bangalore a major aerospace hub in South Asia may be unveiled by the government immediately after the assembly winter session at Belgaum.
"We have an aerospace policy, which may be announced immediately after the Belgaum winter session. We are scheduling it. It is ready," Principal Secretary (Industry) M N Vidyashankar told reporters here.
He said government had taken inputs from all stakeholders in the aerospace sector before framing it and claimed Karnataka was the first state to announce such a policy.
Vidyashankar said Karnataka would become the largest knowledge hub in the world. "It may not happen in two or five or ten years, but it will happen," he said.
He also said no other city can beat Bangalore as a `knowledge city` as it boasts of 396 Research & Development laboratories. Cities like National Capital Region and Pune boast of only 107 and 103 laboratories respectively, he said.
"Twenty years down the line, the world will depend on India and Karnataka for high-end manpower," Vidyashankar said.
On the progress on Aerospace Park near Bangalore International Airport, he said three units are almost ready and one of them would launch production on January 25 2013.
"About seven to eight companies have already started construction," he added.
Karnataka expects close to about six to seven billion dollars with every major aviation player under one roof at the aerospace park.
Vidyashankar said government plans to have the ground breaking ceremony of infrastructure developer Sun Forest City`s project in March 2013."We are meeting them almost every week. They should be in a position to give us project details by December end," he said.
Sun Forest City have identified land and landowners have willingly agreed to surrender the land, he said, adding the land would be acquired in phases."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- I eat beef, can somebody stop me?: Kiren Rijiju hits back at Naqvi
- Delhi: Visually impaired boy scores 91.4% in CBSE 12th Board exams
- MP: 14-year-old boy works as bonded labour since 2009
- UP: Man chops off wife's nose, hair for dowry
- Zee Media Exclusive: The plight of yoga expert Tejaswi Sharma
- Woman denied flat in Mumbai for being a Muslim
- 4 Indians in Forbes' 100 most powerful women list
- Heat ave continues in India, death toll climbs to over 1,400
- Gujjar stir: HC asks Rajasthan govt to clear rail track, roads
- Megastar Amitabh Bachchan slapped with Rs 1 crore notice
- Kenyan lawyer offers to marry Barack Obama's daughter Malia
- Gujjar stir: HC asks Rajasthan govt to clear rail track, roads- Part II
- AIB: The 'Third Gender's right to dignity'
- Salman Khan accident files burnt in Mantralaya fire
- Maggi likely to face ban in India!
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 to be announced today
- Check mahresult.nic.in for MSBSHSE Maharashtra Class 12 HSC Result 2015
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 (cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in) postponed?
- Maharashtra MSBSHSE HSC Result 2015 on mahresult.nic.in
- I was misquoted, says Kiren Rijiju on 'beef' remark
- First look: Salman Khan steals thunder in `Bajrangi Bhaijaan`
- Check cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in for CBSE Class 10 Result 2015
- mahresult.nic.in updated with MSBSHSE Maharashtra HSC Class XII Result 2015
- Manmohan Singh defends himself on 2G charge, slams Modi govt for 'carbon copy' schemes
- CBSE Class 10 (Class X Board) Result 2015 on cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in at 2 pm
- Sonia Gandhi 'unconstitutional authority' during UPA: PM Narendra Modi
- Hours after attacking NDA govt, Manmohan Singh meets PM Narendra Modi
- Reservation stir: Five percent job quota to Gujjars unlikely, hints Rajasthan govt
- PMO website revamped, now send e-mail to PM Modi directly
- Death toll climbs to over 1400 as intense heatwave continues in India