Govt mulling hiking solatium for police to Rs 10 lakh
Bangalore: Karnataka government is contemplating
increasing solatium for police personnel to Rs ten lakh from
the Rs three lakh at present,Chief Minister B S Yeddyurappa
said on Saturday.
Giving away police medals to 99 police personnel on Police
Flag Day, Yeddyurappa said government was thinking of
increasing the solatium, considering the risk involved in the
He lauded police for maintaining law and order in the state
and for bringing down the crime graph drastically in the city.
Yeddyurappa announced opening of 25 more police stations in
the state and assured the police personnel of upgrading their
housing facilities along with basic amenities including,
regular supply of drinking water.
He said his government was also keen to increase medical
reimbursement for police personnel.
Responding to reporters` queries, he wished India "all the
best" for the cricket World Cup final against Sri Lanka.
"I really wish India wins the World Cup and I hope my
favourite player Sachin Tendulkar scores a century in this
match," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath takes 50 decisions without single Cabinet meet
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath reviews Gomti riverfront work
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath warns supporters of criminals, mafia
- Legal, illegal slaughterhouses in UP: What you need to know
- Triple talaq, polygamy integral part of Islam: AIMPLB tells SC
- Azam Khan demands ban on cow slaughter across India, says Muslims should stop eating beef
- Kapil Sharma–Sunil Grover fallout: Kiku Sharda finally breaks silence
- Asaduddin Owaisi asks Centre to clarify policy on buffalo meat export, Nirmala Sitharaman gives apt reply
- No ban on cow slaughter in three Northeast states if party comes to power next year: BJP
- Chinese national insults Indian flag, throws it in dustbin outside Noida Oppo office; massive protest takes place