Govt mulling hiking solatium for police to Rs 10 lakh
Bangalore: Karnataka government is contemplating
increasing solatium for police personnel to Rs ten lakh from
the Rs three lakh at present,Chief Minister B S Yeddyurappa
said on Saturday.
Giving away police medals to 99 police personnel on Police
Flag Day, Yeddyurappa said government was thinking of
increasing the solatium, considering the risk involved in the
He lauded police for maintaining law and order in the state
and for bringing down the crime graph drastically in the city.
Yeddyurappa announced opening of 25 more police stations in
the state and assured the police personnel of upgrading their
housing facilities along with basic amenities including,
regular supply of drinking water.
He said his government was also keen to increase medical
reimbursement for police personnel.
Responding to reporters` queries, he wished India "all the
best" for the cricket World Cup final against Sri Lanka.
"I really wish India wins the World Cup and I hope my
favourite player Sachin Tendulkar scores a century in this
match," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof