Govt mulling hiking solatium for police to Rs 10 lakh
Bangalore: Karnataka government is contemplating
increasing solatium for police personnel to Rs ten lakh from
the Rs three lakh at present,Chief Minister B S Yeddyurappa
said on Saturday.
Giving away police medals to 99 police personnel on Police
Flag Day, Yeddyurappa said government was thinking of
increasing the solatium, considering the risk involved in the
He lauded police for maintaining law and order in the state
and for bringing down the crime graph drastically in the city.
Yeddyurappa announced opening of 25 more police stations in
the state and assured the police personnel of upgrading their
housing facilities along with basic amenities including,
regular supply of drinking water.
He said his government was also keen to increase medical
reimbursement for police personnel.
Responding to reporters` queries, he wished India "all the
best" for the cricket World Cup final against Sri Lanka.
"I really wish India wins the World Cup and I hope my
favourite player Sachin Tendulkar scores a century in this
match," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Terrorist outfit IS releases hitlist; 4000 people including 285 Indians targeted
- Mumbai: Woman missing after falling in manhole
- Mann Ki Baat: PM recalls dark days of 1975 Emergency, says democracy is our strength
- Mann Ki Baat: Conserve every drop of water, says PM
- PM Modi launches 'Smart City Project' in Pune
- Unstoppable Slam machine Novak Djokovic eyes fourth Wimbledon title
- AAP's protest march to 7 RCR: Detained Delhi Dy CM Sisodia, 52 MLAs released by police
- 'Time to focus on cyber threats to aviation sector in India'
- Alien or rock formation? UFO hunters claim extraterrestrial presence on Mars! - See pic
- Government plans new category visa to attract foreigners, boost trade