Govt official gets bail in disproportionate assets case
Bangalore: The Karnataka High Court on Tuesday granted bail to a top government official who was recently arrested by Lokayukta police in a disproportionate assets case.
Justice V Jagannathan granted bail to Lakshamrao Peshwe, Managing Director of Karnataka Niravari Nigam Ltd, who was nabbed by Lokayukta police during a raid conducted at his residence last month.
He was arrested on June 22 and was in judicial custody.
Peshwe, who had not drawn his salary for the past three years, was found in possession of assets worth over Rs 5 crore.
He moved the High Court after his bail application was rejected by the Lokayukta court.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is population control next on central govt's agenda after demonetization?
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan
- Jayalalithaa's funeral procession: Sea of mourners gather to pay last respects
- Watch: Tracing the journey of late Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa from films to politics
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition extremely grave
- RIP Amma: Jayalalithaa dies after 75 days in hospital; Tamil Nadu mourns
- RBI to issue new Rs 100 banknotes, old notes to continue as legal tender
- Airtel’s free 4G internet offer may be a ploy to steal your data
- J Jayalalithaa passes away: Know what all she left behind in assets
- After Jayalalithaa, Sasikala Natarajan holds all cards – Know more about her