Govt official gets bail in disproportionate assets case
Bangalore: The Karnataka High Court on Tuesday granted bail to a top government official who was recently arrested by Lokayukta police in a disproportionate assets case.
Justice V Jagannathan granted bail to Lakshamrao Peshwe, Managing Director of Karnataka Niravari Nigam Ltd, who was nabbed by Lokayukta police during a raid conducted at his residence last month.
He was arrested on June 22 and was in judicial custody.
Peshwe, who had not drawn his salary for the past three years, was found in possession of assets worth over Rs 5 crore.
He moved the High Court after his bail application was rejected by the Lokayukta court.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena's diary reveals disturbed relationship with parents: DNA reports
- Shameless cheating in exams, when will Bihar learn?
- Setback for Air India as 30 Boeing 787 Dreamliner pilots resign
- Sheena case: Indrani quizzed jointly with Peter, denies killing daughter
- Trade unions` strike hits normal life across India
- Sonakshi Sinha silences Twitter troll for calling her ugly and it's epic!
- Furkan, not Tiger Memon, arrested in Pakistan
- Modi effect! Pakistan-occupied Kashmir wants to be part of India
- Sheena Bora murder saga: 12 questions that police asked Peter Mukerjea during 12-hour grilling?
- Parineeti Chopra turns 'sexy pari' for sizzling photo-shoot