Govt order probe into alleged land denotification
Bangalore: Karnataka Chief Minister D V Sadananda Gowda on Wednesday announced a Criminal Investigation Department (CID) probe into reported decision of Bangalore Development Authority to allegedly denotify 800 acres of land acquired for forming a residential layout.
Gowda made the statement in the Legislative Assembly after JDS floor leader H D Revanna (JDS) sought to move an adjournment motion on the issue regarding the Dr. K Shivarama Karantha layout reported by a section of the media.
Gowda said BDA has identified 3546 acres for formation of the layout but added: "the question of denotification does not arise as no final notification has been issued so far".
However, in order to ensure transparency in all land notifications and denotifications, the CID probe would be conducted into the alleged denotification.
Following the Chief Minister`s statement, Speaker K G Bopaiah disallowed the adjournment motion and discussion on the subject.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: APJ Abdul Kalam's last journey, India bids a tearful adieu
- DNA : Justice delivered; India hangs 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon
- Exclusive interview with Usman Majid, MLA, J&K Congress
- Four Indians kidnapped in Libya; Islamic State hand suspected
- Parties should be united against terrorism, says Rajnath Singh
- Why did you choose Smriti Irani as HRD minister? Congress leader asks PM Narendra Modi
- Yakub Memon: The two men who lead police to 'House of Memons'
- Rajnath slams UPA for coining 'Hindu terrorists', Congress accuses BJP of playing politics on terror
- Watch video: The epic battle between 'Machli' tigress and a 14-foot-long crocodile!
- Cristiano Ronaldo great, but Lionel Messi is greatest: Xavi Hernandez