Govt orders Lokayukta probe against Gowda`s son
Bangalore: More trouble seems to be in store
for former Prime Minister HD Deve Gowda`s family with the BJP
government on Wednesday referring to Lokayukta an alleged
irregularity in purchase of materials by Bangalore Electricity
Supply Company when his son H D Revanna was state Power
Minister during 2004-07.
Official sources said the government has written to
Lokayukta to investigate the purchase of certain materials
during Revanna`s tenure which had allegedly caused about Rs 11
crore loss to the state exchequer.
The government has sought the probe on the basis of the CAG
report which had pointed out lapses.
Revanna had held the power portfolio in Congress-JD(S) and
JD(S)-BJP coalition governments.
The Lokayukta probe against Revanna come close on the
heels of a Lokayukta court directing Lokayukta police to
investigate a complaint against H D Balakrishna, eldest son of
Gowda, for allegedly amassing wealth disproportionate to his
known sources of income.
During B S Yeddyurappa`s tenure as Chief Minister, the
state governnment had ordered an inquiry into alleged
recruiment scam in the Public Works Department when Revanna
had held the portfolio and also into purchase of transformers.
The government has also been probing certain land
deals by the Gowda family.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: How Russian special forces Spetsnaz will end terror of ISIS
- Panel discussion on BJP MLAs assaulting legislator Rashid inside J&K Assembly
- Two J&K MLAs clash over beef party issue in Legislative Assembly
- Vladimir Putin's attack on ISIS making America and NATO nations uneasy?
- Greater Noida women blames UP police for stripping off their clothes
- Latest condition of Navjot Singh Sidhu: Sherry Paaji making steady recovery!
- FIR against Asaduddin Owaisi for posting objectionable picture of Yogi Adityanath on Facebook
- Bihar has to choose between 'jungle raj' and 'vikas Raj': Narendra Modi
- Shocking! Saudi employer chops off Indian maid's hands
- Man beheads wife over suspicion of illicit relationship, walks on road with her head