Govt to come up with new scheme for women
Mysore: Chief Minister B S Yeddyurappa on Saturday announced that his government would draw up a Rs 10,000 crore financing scheme by next week to help "stree shakti" groups.
"Within a week, the government will issue an order to
implement a scheme that will benefit 10 lakh stree shakti
groups by offering financial aid of Rs 10,000 crore," he said
after launching a saree distribution scheme here.
Yeddyurappa`s announcement comes in the wake of zilla
and taluk panchayat elections in the state next month.
But an element of uncertainty persists over the polls
as Governor H R Bhardwaj has refused to repeal an ordinance on
reservation of seats to backward classes.
The cabinet had yesterday decided to request Bhardwaj
to allow it to promulgate another ordinance on the issue.
Yeddyurappa said Karnataka has 1.51 crore Self Help
Groups which recorded transaction of Rs 1,150 crore last year.
In an attempt to win over vegetable and fruit vendors
and autorickshaw drivers, he promised to set up a Rs 500 crore
revolving fund to provide them loans at lower interest rates.
He assured farmers that they would be able to avail
farm credit at one per cent interest as against three per cent
now, from next year.
Yeddyurappa told women that Opposition parties have
been agitating to stall the saree distribution programme. "The
opposition is intolerant towards my government and have been
creating hurdles from day one".
Without naming former Chief Minister H D Kumaraswamy,
he said a JDS leader alleged that he has earned a kickback of
Rs 100 per saree purchased. "Each saree costs only Rs 195 and
including transport, the cost might go up to Rs 210".
The Chief Minister said a similar charge was levelled
when he distributed bicycles to schoolchildren.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi's 2015 CBSE Class 12 topper M Gayatri talks to Zee Media
- One year of Modi govt: PM promises to fulfil aspirations
- Watch: Mumbai cops find new secret agents in housewives!
- No respite from heat for next three days: IMD
- DNA: Sikh man in New Zealand removed his turban to help injured kid
- One year of Modi govt: PM addresses mega rally in Mathura
- Hundreds die as heat wave continues in India
- 2G scam: Ex-TRAI chief alleges Manmohan Singh had warned him to cooperate
- Growing medical negligence in Delhi's AIIMS
- DNA: AIIMS doctor removes both kidneys of minor, claims she had only one
- Pranab Mukherjee defends Bofors scam, says it was just a media trial
- Salman Khan attends sister Arpita's wedding reception in Mandi
- Zee Media's mega survey on Modi govt
- Zee Media Exclusive: Vidya Balan chats about 'Hamari Adhuri Kahani'
- One year of Modi govt: PM Modi addresses mega rally in Mathura Part-II
- PM Narendra Modi's Mathura rally: As it happened
- Public rally on 100 days of AAP govt: As it happened
- One year of NDA govt: PM Modi writes open letter to nation, promises to transform India
- World optimistic about India: PM Narendra Modi on 1 year of NDA govt
- MSBSHSE Class 12th HSC results 2015 to be declared at 1pm tomorrow
- Bharatiya Janata Party lacks majority for Ram Temple, Article 370: Amit Shah
- AAP govt moves resolution against MHA notification: As it happened
- Arpita-Aayush wedding reception: Salman Khan spreads love in Mandi, says `hum aapke hain`
- China doesn't recognise 'illegal' McMahon Line: Beijing responds to NSA Ajit Doval
- CBSE 10th Results 2015 to be declared on May 27
- Rahul Gandhi takes a dig at one year of Modi govt, wishes 'happy birthday' to 'suit-boot ki sarkar'
- Is there life after death?
- Heatwave kills 90 more in Andhra, Telangana; toll crosses 800
- UBSE Results 2015 (ubse.uk.gov.in): Uttarakhand 12th Result 2015 to be announced today at 11 AM
- Check WBBSE (wbresults.nic.in) Class 12th Results: West Bengal Board (wbscvet.org) Higher Secondary Class XII Vocational Results declared