Govt withdraws circular on hoisting of Kannada flag
Bangalore: The Karnataka Government on Wednesday informed the High Court that it has withdrawn its earlier circular making hoisting of Kannada flag compulsory on "Rajyotsava" day and a notification to this effect has been issued.
The government advocate made a submission to this effect when a PIL filed by one Prakash Shetty came up before the Division bench headed by Chief Justice Vikramajit Sen.
The court during the earlier hearing had questioned the legal sanctity of such a circular observing there was only one flag which was the national flag and states could not have separate flags and had sought to know the government`s stand on the issue.
- NHRC issues notice to Rajasthan government over death of 11 children in home
- Delhi: 10-year-old boy dies due to overdose of Vitamin D
- Haryana: Groom injured in celebratory firing at wedding in Hissar
- Phase V of West Bengal Assembly polls starts today
- Discussion over Mamata Banerjee's close aide Firhad Hakim's 'mini Pakistan' comment
- US President Barack Obama hosts jazz concert at `Blues House`
- Will never talk about my personal life, boyfriend: Sonam Kapoor
- PeeCee's day out! Priyanka Chopra spends candid time with besties – Pictures inside
- WATCH: Gujarat Lions' mystery spinner Shivil Kaushik reminded us of Paul Adams - Here's why!
- CISCE ICSE Class 10, ISC Class 12 Examinations Results 2016 to be announced on May 6 at 3 pm