Govt withdraws circular on hoisting of Kannada flag
Bangalore: The Karnataka Government on Wednesday informed the High Court that it has withdrawn its earlier circular making hoisting of Kannada flag compulsory on "Rajyotsava" day and a notification to this effect has been issued.
The government advocate made a submission to this effect when a PIL filed by one Prakash Shetty came up before the Division bench headed by Chief Justice Vikramajit Sen.
The court during the earlier hearing had questioned the legal sanctity of such a circular observing there was only one flag which was the national flag and states could not have separate flags and had sought to know the government`s stand on the issue.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Passenger plane dangerously oscillates before touching runway
- Home Ministry holds high-level meet over ISIS
- Yakub Memon's execution: Supreme Court Deputy Registrar quits over judgement
- Indian Army finds cow bombs near border, Maoists hand suspected?
- Delhi's graduate beggar – The amount he earns will shock you!