Gowda camp hits back, two Ministers to resign
Bangalore: Chief Minister DV Sadananda Gowda`s camp on Saturday hit back saying two ministers identified with the group would resign this afternoon expressing strong opposition to the change for leadership.
Minister Anand Asnotikar said he and Balachandra Jarkiholi would tender their resignation as they want to send a "message" to the party`s central leadership against any move to replace Gowda.
Asnotikar said the Yeddyurappa faction is adopting "pressure tactics".
“Sadananda Gowda should not be dislodged at any cost. If such a situation arises (if Gowda had to step down), it`s better to go for elections", he said.
Asnotikar appealed to other Ministers supporting Gowda to also tender their resignations to express solidarity with the Chief Minister.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Shahi Imam meets PM Modi, demands innocent Muslims must not be harassed in name of fighting ISIS
- 12 men rape British teen girl for over 13 months; slapped with 140 years in jail
- Mahendra Singh Dhoni: I allow bowlers to set the field in T20 cricket
- 'Achhe din': Residents of PM Modi's adopted village to get free electricity, work in full swing
- Siachen survivor Lance Naik Hanumanthappa brought to Delhi, Army chief Dabir Singh visits RR hospital