Gowda case: Lokayukta police get 20 days to probe
Bangalore: The Lokayukta court on Monday
asked police to complete within 20 days the probe into
allegations of amassing disproportionate assets against D
Balakrishna Gowda, son of former Prime Minister H D Devegowda.
Judge N K Sudhindra Rao adjourned the hearing of the
case to February 7, asking the Lokayukta police to file the
final report within 20 days.
SN Balakrishna, a retired employee of a private firm
in Bhadravathi town of Shimoga district, had filed a complaint
on September 22 accusing Gowda of possessing wealth worth Rs
70 crore disproportionate to his known sources of income.
He said the assets owned by Gowda, a former
bureaucrat, are currently valued at Rs 500 crore.
The police had conducted raids on Gowda`s houses after
filing an FIR against him on September 30.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi: Taxi driver dies as BMW rams into car near IIT
- Train accident in Andhra Pradesh leaves many people dead
- UP Assembly Elections: Akhilesh Yadav releases party's manifesto
- UP elections: Rajnath Singh's Son, Rita Bahuguna Joshi in BJP second list of candidates
- When will democracy get freedom from dynasty politics?
- Jallikattu stir: As it happened on Monday
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP
- India vs England, 3rd ODI: MS Dhoni felicitated at Eden Gardens — VIDEOS INSIDE
- International Space Station – When, where and how to spot ISS
- Flying Jadeja: MS Dhoni, Virat Kohli floored by Ravindra Jadeja's brilliant fielding effort – WATCH