Gowda case: Lokayukta police get 20 days to probe
Bangalore: The Lokayukta court on Monday
asked police to complete within 20 days the probe into
allegations of amassing disproportionate assets against D
Balakrishna Gowda, son of former Prime Minister H D Devegowda.
Judge N K Sudhindra Rao adjourned the hearing of the
case to February 7, asking the Lokayukta police to file the
final report within 20 days.
SN Balakrishna, a retired employee of a private firm
in Bhadravathi town of Shimoga district, had filed a complaint
on September 22 accusing Gowda of possessing wealth worth Rs
70 crore disproportionate to his known sources of income.
He said the assets owned by Gowda, a former
bureaucrat, are currently valued at Rs 500 crore.
The police had conducted raids on Gowda`s houses after
filing an FIR against him on September 30.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- DNA: Analysis of insensitivity shown by political leaders over rising poverty in India
- Are separatists scared with 'Dangal' girl Zaira Wasim's success?
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- Bengaluru pips Silicon Valley to become world's most dynamic city