Gowda case: Lokayukta police get 20 days to probe
Bangalore: The Lokayukta court on Monday
asked police to complete within 20 days the probe into
allegations of amassing disproportionate assets against D
Balakrishna Gowda, son of former Prime Minister H D Devegowda.
Judge N K Sudhindra Rao adjourned the hearing of the
case to February 7, asking the Lokayukta police to file the
final report within 20 days.
SN Balakrishna, a retired employee of a private firm
in Bhadravathi town of Shimoga district, had filed a complaint
on September 22 accusing Gowda of possessing wealth worth Rs
70 crore disproportionate to his known sources of income.
He said the assets owned by Gowda, a former
bureaucrat, are currently valued at Rs 500 crore.
The police had conducted raids on Gowda`s houses after
filing an FIR against him on September 30.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Bhagat Singh's name termed as terrorist to be removed from DU textbook
- Ludhiana: Protest against DU for calling Bhagat Singh as terrorist in textbook
- Delhi: INTUC workers protest outside Subramanian Swamy's residence
- Special CBI court accuses Naveen Jindal for criminal conspiracy in coal scam
- Gujarat announces 10% reservation for economically backward class
- Shah Rukh Khan’s ‘Raees’ in trouble – Click here to read more
- Kapil Sharma meets 'showman' Subhash Ghai at Whistling Woods—See pic!
- Did 'Sultan' shoot disrupt Indian athletes' Olympic practice session at JLN Stadium? Here's what happened...
- Kangana Ranaut – Hrithik Roshan controversy: Adhyayan Suman explains why he broke his silence years after remaining tight-lipped
- Centre to release 25 declassified files related to Netaji Subhas Chandra Bose today