Gowda case: Lokayukta police get 20 days to probe
Bangalore: The Lokayukta court on Monday
asked police to complete within 20 days the probe into
allegations of amassing disproportionate assets against D
Balakrishna Gowda, son of former Prime Minister H D Devegowda.
Judge N K Sudhindra Rao adjourned the hearing of the
case to February 7, asking the Lokayukta police to file the
final report within 20 days.
SN Balakrishna, a retired employee of a private firm
in Bhadravathi town of Shimoga district, had filed a complaint
on September 22 accusing Gowda of possessing wealth worth Rs
70 crore disproportionate to his known sources of income.
He said the assets owned by Gowda, a former
bureaucrat, are currently valued at Rs 500 crore.
The police had conducted raids on Gowda`s houses after
filing an FIR against him on September 30.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- I am surviving only on 25% of my liver today, says Big B
- Aamir Khan's 'intolerance' comment kicks up row
- Exclusive: Sudhir Chaudhary in conversation with Aamir Khan on intolerance in India!
- Rahul Gandhi spotted with hate speech convict Imran Masood in Saharanpur
- Panel discussion on Aamir Khan's remark on 'intolerance'
- Karnataka, Madhya Pradesh bypoll results: As it happened on November 24
- Intolerance issue: When did ‘Incredible India’ become ‘Intolerant India’, Anupam Kher asks Aamir Khan
- Tirupati, Tirumala rains update: Temple remains open; pilgrims continue to pour in for darshan
- BJP's big poser to Aamir Khan: Is there any better neighbour for Muslims than a Hindu?
- Muslim leader Asaduddin Owaisi says Aamir Khan wrong in wanting to leave India