Gowda case: Lokayukta police get 20 days to probe
Bangalore: The Lokayukta court on Monday
asked police to complete within 20 days the probe into
allegations of amassing disproportionate assets against D
Balakrishna Gowda, son of former Prime Minister H D Devegowda.
Judge N K Sudhindra Rao adjourned the hearing of the
case to February 7, asking the Lokayukta police to file the
final report within 20 days.
SN Balakrishna, a retired employee of a private firm
in Bhadravathi town of Shimoga district, had filed a complaint
on September 22 accusing Gowda of possessing wealth worth Rs
70 crore disproportionate to his known sources of income.
He said the assets owned by Gowda, a former
bureaucrat, are currently valued at Rs 500 crore.
The police had conducted raids on Gowda`s houses after
filing an FIR against him on September 30.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak - Part II
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- Govt calls meet on Indus Water Treaty; Water Resources Ministry, MEA to brief PM Modi