Gowda demands white paper on highway project
Bangalore: As BJP sought to turn the
tables on him over the Bangalore-Mysore Express Highway
project, former prime minister H D Deve Gowda, in the eye of a
storm for using abusive language against Karnataka Chief
Minister B S Yeddyurappa, today demanded a `white paper` on
The `white paper` was necessary as it had been accused
that the Nandi Infrastructure Corridor Enterprise-promoted
project was a "child" gifted to the state during his chief
ministership in 1995 when the MoU was inked, he told
Gowda, up in arms against the project, said "Let
people know what all deviations occurred since 1995 when I
signed the MoU to attract FDI into the state till date."
His comments come in the wake of BJP`s charge that
land acquisition for the project was done by earlier JD-S and
Congress regimes and Yeddyurappa government had no role in it.
Gowda, who has been accusing the BJP government of
granting more land than required for the project, vowed to
fight for the farmers cause in the "entire state".
"The MoU signed by me envisages allotment of 5,118
acres of land for the road project on lease, but the
government has granted absolute sale deed for 1,077 acres
violating the agreement provisions and ignoring the objections
by PWD," he charged.
The JD-S chief said he would decide the future course
of agitation after the Supreme Court delivered its verdict on
the project. Gowda appealed his partymen not to resort to
counter agitations and maintain restraint.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- Panel discussion over continuous chaos in Parliament on demonetisation
- 800 tourists stranded in Andamans due to heavy rains, Navy launches rescue operation
- Cashless transactions increased rapidly following note ban
- Watch shocking visuals - Speeding car rams pedestrians in Kolkata, 3 killed
- Twitter users blast Arvind Kejriwal as he says 'Modi will never appoint a Muslim Vice President no matter what Jung does'
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- Pakistan International Airlines plane from Chitral to Islamabad crashes near Havelian, 48 people dead
- Gali Janardhana Reddy converted Rs 100 crore black money by paying 20% commission, claims driver's suicide note
- Was Rahul Gandhi smiling during Jayalalithaa's funeral? Twitter users share pictures as proof