Gowda demands white paper on highway project
Bangalore: As BJP sought to turn the
tables on him over the Bangalore-Mysore Express Highway
project, former prime minister H D Deve Gowda, in the eye of a
storm for using abusive language against Karnataka Chief
Minister B S Yeddyurappa, today demanded a `white paper` on
The `white paper` was necessary as it had been accused
that the Nandi Infrastructure Corridor Enterprise-promoted
project was a "child" gifted to the state during his chief
ministership in 1995 when the MoU was inked, he told
Gowda, up in arms against the project, said "Let
people know what all deviations occurred since 1995 when I
signed the MoU to attract FDI into the state till date."
His comments come in the wake of BJP`s charge that
land acquisition for the project was done by earlier JD-S and
Congress regimes and Yeddyurappa government had no role in it.
Gowda, who has been accusing the BJP government of
granting more land than required for the project, vowed to
fight for the farmers cause in the "entire state".
"The MoU signed by me envisages allotment of 5,118
acres of land for the road project on lease, but the
government has granted absolute sale deed for 1,077 acres
violating the agreement provisions and ignoring the objections
by PWD," he charged.
The JD-S chief said he would decide the future course
of agitation after the Supreme Court delivered its verdict on
the project. Gowda appealed his partymen not to resort to
counter agitations and maintain restraint.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- One year of Modi govt: PM promises to fulfil aspirations
- Watch: Mumbai cops find new secret agents in housewives!
- Hundreds die as heat wave continues in India
- 2G scam: Ex-TRAI chief alleges Manmohan Singh had warned him to cooperate
- Pranab Mukherjee defends Bofors scam, says it was just a media trial
- Salman Khan attends sister Arpita's wedding reception in Mandi
- Zee Media's mega survey on Modi govt
- Zee Media Exclusive: Vidya Balan chats about 'Hamari Adhuri Kahani'
- Para athlete Deepa Malik complains of callous service by Air India
- Smriti Irani visits Amethi, promises to pay insurance money to 25,000 women
- One year of Modi govt: Amit Shah addresses media
- I eat beef, can somebody stop me?: Kiren Rijiju hits back at Naqvi
- Delhi: Visually impaired boy scores 91.4% in CBSE 12th Board exams
- MP: 14-year-old boy works as bonded labour since 2009
- BBV: What challenges lie ahead of Modi govt?
- One year of NDA govt: PM Modi writes open letter to nation, promises to transform India
- Arpita-Aayush wedding reception: Salman Khan spreads love in Mandi, says `hum aapke hain`
- World optimistic about India: PM Narendra Modi on 1 year of NDA govt
- MSBSHSE Class 12th HSC results 2015 to be declared at 1pm tomorrow
- Bharatiya Janata Party lacks majority for Ram Temple, Article 370: Amit Shah
- Rahul Gandhi takes a dig at one year of Modi govt, wishes 'happy birthday' to 'suit-boot ki sarkar'
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 (cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in) postponed?
- AAP govt moves resolution against MHA notification: As it happened
- Check mahresult.nic.in for MSBSHSE Maharashtra Class 12 HSC Result 2015
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 to be announced on May 28
- Maharashtra MSBSHSE HSC Result 2015 on mahresult.nic.in
- Heatwave kills 90 more in Andhra, Telangana; toll crosses 800
- Gujjars adamant on holding talks in Bayana; rail tracks remain blocked
- CBSE 10th result to be declared tomorrow
- I was misquoted, says Kiren Rijiju on 'beef' remark