Gowda demands white paper on highway project
Bangalore: As BJP sought to turn the
tables on him over the Bangalore-Mysore Express Highway
project, former prime minister H D Deve Gowda, in the eye of a
storm for using abusive language against Karnataka Chief
Minister B S Yeddyurappa, today demanded a `white paper` on
The `white paper` was necessary as it had been accused
that the Nandi Infrastructure Corridor Enterprise-promoted
project was a "child" gifted to the state during his chief
ministership in 1995 when the MoU was inked, he told
Gowda, up in arms against the project, said "Let
people know what all deviations occurred since 1995 when I
signed the MoU to attract FDI into the state till date."
His comments come in the wake of BJP`s charge that
land acquisition for the project was done by earlier JD-S and
Congress regimes and Yeddyurappa government had no role in it.
Gowda, who has been accusing the BJP government of
granting more land than required for the project, vowed to
fight for the farmers cause in the "entire state".
"The MoU signed by me envisages allotment of 5,118
acres of land for the road project on lease, but the
government has granted absolute sale deed for 1,077 acres
violating the agreement provisions and ignoring the objections
by PWD," he charged.
The JD-S chief said he would decide the future course
of agitation after the Supreme Court delivered its verdict on
the project. Gowda appealed his partymen not to resort to
counter agitations and maintain restraint.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Rajasthan: Gujjars revive reservation agitation, block rail track
- J Jayalalithaa sworn-in as Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Aspiring for more than what you have!
- ISIS to buy first nuclear weapon from Pak?
- Mumbai: CCTV captures assailant with gun at Film City
- Mathura SSP receives death threat letter, message for PM Modi
- BJP now central pole of Indian politics: Arun Jaitley
- Maharashtra FDA sends Maggi noodles for lab testing
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 7:30pm
- Reservation issue: Police register case against Bainsla, 20 others
- Haridwar: Hotel Radisson Blu sealed for polluting Ganga
- Delhi: Two killed in road accident in New Ashok Nagar
- Girl in Punjab's Pathankot quit studies for fear of eve-teasing
- Zee Media exclusive chat with 'Welcome to Karachi' cast
- Zee Media exclusive interview with Haryana CM Manohar Lal Khattar
- Goa Board SSC Exam Results 2015 announced
- ISIS close to buying nuclear weapon from Pakistan?
- Manohar Parrikar visits forward areas along LoC, reviews security situation
- Credibility of Prime Minister's Office restored by BJP, says Arun Jaitley
- ISIS justifies raping slave girls, says Michelle Obama is 'worth $40'
- IPL 2015 Final: Mumbai Indians vs Chennai Super Kings - Preview
- 'Unhappy' Celina Jaitley asks Sunny Leone to move out?
- Arvind Kejriwal to highlight AAP govt's 100 days work on Monday
- CBSE Results 2015: 10th board exam results to be declared on May 27
- BJP's plan for one-year celebration: 200 big rallies, 5,000 public meetings
- IPL 8 Final: We need to be at our best against Mumbai, says Michael Hussey
- Heatwave leaves 153 dead in Telangana, Andhra Pradesh
- Heatwave kills 223 in AP, Telangana, Chandrababu Naidu announces compensation; Delhi records hottest day
- IPL 2015 Final: MI vs CSK - As it happened...
- 'Tanu Weds Manu Returns' starts on a good note at the Box Office!