Gowda demands white paper on highway project
Bangalore: As BJP sought to turn the
tables on him over the Bangalore-Mysore Express Highway
project, former prime minister H D Deve Gowda, in the eye of a
storm for using abusive language against Karnataka Chief
Minister B S Yeddyurappa, today demanded a `white paper` on
The `white paper` was necessary as it had been accused
that the Nandi Infrastructure Corridor Enterprise-promoted
project was a "child" gifted to the state during his chief
ministership in 1995 when the MoU was inked, he told
Gowda, up in arms against the project, said "Let
people know what all deviations occurred since 1995 when I
signed the MoU to attract FDI into the state till date."
His comments come in the wake of BJP`s charge that
land acquisition for the project was done by earlier JD-S and
Congress regimes and Yeddyurappa government had no role in it.
Gowda, who has been accusing the BJP government of
granting more land than required for the project, vowed to
fight for the farmers cause in the "entire state".
"The MoU signed by me envisages allotment of 5,118
acres of land for the road project on lease, but the
government has granted absolute sale deed for 1,077 acres
violating the agreement provisions and ignoring the objections
by PWD," he charged.
The JD-S chief said he would decide the future course
of agitation after the Supreme Court delivered its verdict on
the project. Gowda appealed his partymen not to resort to
counter agitations and maintain restraint.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Admissions 2015: Know India's best ranking Universities
- Zee Media Exclusive interview with UPSC topper Ira Singhal's family
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results
- Watch: Top 25 Headlines @ 12 pm
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Is Corporate Social Responsibility nothing but a marketing gimmick?
- Vyapam scam: MP medical college dean found dead in hotel, body sent for post-mortem
- Dawood Ibrahim's surrender offer rejected due to a 'condition', clarifies Sharad Pawar
- Vyapam scam: Last rites of journalist Akshay Singh performed; MP CM assures of SIT probe
- Photographer captures International Space Station flying across moon
- UPSC Results 2014: Meet top three toppers