Gowda happy over completing six months in office
Bangalore: Karnataka Chief Minister DV
Sadananda Gowda Saturday expressed joy on completing six months
in office and asserted that he had given "corruption-free,
transparent and people-friendly" governance.
Taking over the reins from BS Yeddyurappa who demitted
office under a cloud in the wake of charges of corruption on
August four last, Gowda started with the herculean task of
refurbishing the battered image of the BJP government.
"I was apprehensive when I assumed the office six months
ago. But now I have overcome those tense moments. Now I feel I
have got an opportunity to do some good work", he told
Gowda, who came under pressure in the wake of intense
factionalism among his Ministerial colleagues, said there were
challenges ahead and he would face them.
Listing out some of the achievements of his six-month-old
government, Gowda said he succeeded in bringing a citizen
charter law and legislation to curb land grabbers among
He said his review of various departments over
implementation of budget programmes had indicated that all the
departments have achieved about 70 per cent progress so far
and by March end, 100 per cent target would be met with.
Gowda expressed happiness over the smooth running of both
houses of the state legislature after he became the Chief
Minister, unlike the stormy affair witnessed during earlier.
"The Assembly session is going on smoothly now. The
opposition parties are also cooperating".
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Mathura SSP receives death threat letter, message for PM Modi
- Reservation issue: Police register case against Bainsla, 20 others
- Zee Media exclusive interview with Haryana CM Manohar Lal Khattar
- Zee Media exclusive chat with 'Welcome to Karachi' cast
- UP Minister allegedly threatens, abuses Gonda businessman
- Manali: Heavy corruption found in environmental taxes
- Aapke Sitare: Astro prediction for May 24, 2015
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 7:30pm
- One year of Modi govt: How satisfied is the common man?
- Mumbai architecture creates double decker bus from scrap!
- One year of Modi govt: How satisfied is the common man? Part-2
- Jaipur girl Mini Rajpal wins Miss India Deaf 2015!
- Five unmanned parachutes spotted over Mumbai airport
- UP: Jammu-bound Muri Express derails in Kaushambi
- One year of BJP govt: PM Modi to address rally in Mathura
- IPL 2015 Final: MI vs CSK - As it happened...
- CBSE.nic.in 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board (cbseresults.nic.in) Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 to be announced on May 25
- Heatwave continues in North India; death toll in Andhra Pradesh, Telangana more than 400
- IPL 2015 final: Mumbai Indians thrash Chennai Super Kings by 41 runs to lift second title
- Organisation demands re-examination of AIPMT 2015
- Death threat to PM Narendra Modi ahead of Mathura rally sends police into tizzy
- Kejriwal completes 100 days in office, AAP says centre 'shadow boxing' over row with LG
- CBSE Class 12th Board Results 2015 to be announced on Monday, May 25
- Online filing of applications for UPSC civil services exam begins
- Check cbseresults.nic.in for CBSE Class 12 result 2015
- Not just today, Muslims feeling alienated since 1947: Najma Heptulla
- LIVE - Cbse.nic.in & cbseresults.nic.in Class 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 to be announced shortly
- Heatwave claims over 550 lives so far, Delhi saw hottest day
- Police register case against Bainsla, 20 others as Gujjar agitation continues
- Pakistan criticizes Defence Minister Parrikar's terrorism remarks