Gowda happy over completing six months in office
Bangalore: Karnataka Chief Minister DV
Sadananda Gowda Saturday expressed joy on completing six months
in office and asserted that he had given "corruption-free,
transparent and people-friendly" governance.
Taking over the reins from BS Yeddyurappa who demitted
office under a cloud in the wake of charges of corruption on
August four last, Gowda started with the herculean task of
refurbishing the battered image of the BJP government.
"I was apprehensive when I assumed the office six months
ago. But now I have overcome those tense moments. Now I feel I
have got an opportunity to do some good work", he told
Gowda, who came under pressure in the wake of intense
factionalism among his Ministerial colleagues, said there were
challenges ahead and he would face them.
Listing out some of the achievements of his six-month-old
government, Gowda said he succeeded in bringing a citizen
charter law and legislation to curb land grabbers among
He said his review of various departments over
implementation of budget programmes had indicated that all the
departments have achieved about 70 per cent progress so far
and by March end, 100 per cent target would be met with.
Gowda expressed happiness over the smooth running of both
houses of the state legislature after he became the Chief
Minister, unlike the stormy affair witnessed during earlier.
"The Assembly session is going on smoothly now. The
opposition parties are also cooperating".
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Ceasefire violations by Pak: Should India carry out surgical strike part-II?
- Pak High Commission staffer grilled for spying, asked to leave India
- Panel discussion on the need of Pakistan's ambassador in India
- Meet Lynlee Hope - Texas baby who was 'born' twice!
- Intelligence agencies warn of firing by Pakistan along LoC, international border
- Pakistan's brutality exposed; `Black Day` protesters thrashed in PoK - Video goes viral
- Pakistan High Commission staffer, briefly detained for espionage, asked to leave India in 48 hours
- Diwali 2016: Dhanteras Puja timings, Tithi and Vidhi
- Pakistan declares Indian High Commission official persona non grata, asks him to leave country
- UPA govt thought of attacking Lashkar HQ, training camps after 26/11 strike, claims ex-NSA Shivshankar Menon