Gowda lacks support, should resign: Kumaraswamy
Mysore: JD(S) state president HD Kumaraswamy
on Sunday sought the resignation of Karnataka Chief Minister D V
Sadananda Gowda, claiming he "lacked support" within the BJP
government in the state.
"Gowda has been unable to run his six-month-old government
ever since he took over from B S Yeddyurappa after the BJP
government was rocked by illegal mining issues," Kumaraswamy
told reporters on the sidelines of a function here.
"Yeddyurappa is working overtime to become chief minister
again and Gowda lacks support within his cabinet. When the
party leaders are trying to destabilise the government within,
should the Chief Minister continue?" he asked.
Kumaraswamy said he doubted the BJP government would last
till the 2013 Assembly elections, although Gowda has
maintained that he would be at the helm till then.
The JD(S) leader said he would embark on a state tour from
February 29 and hold conventions for the backward class,
minorities and the youth across Karnataka.
Taking a swipe at the Congress, Kumaraswamy said the
Congress was weakened "beyond repair" in the state. "They
better seek the help of a good doctor before the party dies of
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- Panel discussion over continuous chaos in Parliament on demonetisation
- 800 tourists stranded in Andamans due to heavy rains, Navy launches rescue operation
- Cashless transactions increased rapidly following note ban
- Panel discussion on the decision of demonetisation
- Twitter users blast Arvind Kejriwal as he says 'Modi will never appoint a Muslim Vice President no matter what Jung does'
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- Pakistan International Airlines plane from Chitral to Islamabad crashes near Havelian, 48 people dead
- Gali Janardhana Reddy converted Rs 100 crore black money by paying 20% commission, claims driver's suicide note
- Was Rahul Gandhi smiling during Jayalalithaa's funeral? Twitter users share pictures as proof