Gowda seeks CBI probe into BMIC `land scam`
Bangalore: Alleging that the Bangalore-Mysore
Infrastructure Corridor (BMIC) `land scam` in Karnataka
matched that of the 2G Spectrum in magnitude, former Prime
Minister H D Devegowda on Saturday urged Prime Minister Manmohan
Singh to order a CBI investigation into it.
"The BMIC land scam runs to the tune of about Rs 50,000
crore and the BJP government has indulged in irregularities
like denotification of lands and violating Frame Work
Agreement (FWA)," Gowda, who has been opposing the project
told a press conference here.
"Let there be a CBI probe into the project, including
during my tenure as Chief Minister", Gowda, who signed the MoU
for the express highway project in 1994, said.
He alleged that some agents of Nandi Infrastructure
Corridor Enterprise (NICE), promoters of the project have been
forcibly evicting farmers and taking over land which was not
part of the project and also FWA. Such action amounts to
committing contempt of court of the Supreme Court order.
Gowda said he had sent a book on land scams of Karnataka
involving the Yeddyurappa government to BJP leader L K Advani,
`who has been waging a battle against corruption and black
money,` but regretted he had so far not said anything about it.
He alleged that about 139 acres of notified land in Kengeri
Hobli has been denotified and some persons have purchased it.
He pointed out that an advocate representing Jnanpith award
winner U R Ananthamurthy, one of the petitioners in the Apex
Court against the project, had drawn the government`s attention
to the irregular land denotification and sale.
Gowda, who was also one of the petitioners, said he would
file another one, seeking intervention of the Apex Court on
`irregularities` being committed on acquisition and
denotification of land.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Call up this number and get Reliance Jio's SIM for sure
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- If you have guts, send your suicide bombers to Pakistan: Samajwadi Party to MNS' Raj Thackeray
- Govt calls meet on Indus Water Treaty; Water Resources Ministry, MEA to brief PM Modi