Gowda slams cabinet resolution to Governor
Bangalore: JDS leader H D Deve Gowda
on Thursday slammed the Karnataka cabinet`s resolution asking H R
Bhardwaj to drop proceedings for prosecution of Chief Minister
B S Yeddyurappa on corruption charges, saying it was "an
attempt to obstruct the governor from discharging his
Speaking to reporters here, the former prime minister
defended the governor`s remarks "ulta chor kotwal ko dante"
(thief chiding the police) made yesterday and demanded that
Bhardwaj dismiss the government.
"In a brazen and atrocious attempt Yeddyurappa and his
cabinet colleagues have closed ranks to try to intimidate,
deride and defame a constitutional authority by conveying a
cabinet decision of this nature," Gowda said.
"The reaction of the Yeddyurappa cabinet is by itself
the biggest evidence of admission of guilt," Gowda said.
Bhardwaj today dismissed as "unwarranted" and rejected
the cabinet resolution, asking him to drop proceedings for
prosecution of Yeddyurappa and said he was entitled to take an
independent decision on the issue.
The cabinet resolution had asked the governor to drop
the proceedings to prosecute Yeddyurappa and Home Minister R
Ashoka on alleged scams on the basis of a complaint filed by
lawyers` forum, saying such a move was nothing short of a
"farce and colourable" exercise on his part.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Admissions 2015: Know India's best ranking Universities
- Zee Media Exclusive interview with UPSC topper Ira Singhal's family
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results
- Watch: Top 25 Headlines @ 12 pm
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Is Corporate Social Responsibility nothing but a marketing gimmick?
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results; women bag top four positions
- 3rd Test, Day 2: Sri Lanka rattle Pakistan in decider
- Met Dawood Ibrahim in London, he wanted to return to India: Ram Jethmalani
- Dawood Ibrahim's surrender offer rejected due to a 'condition', clarifies Sharad Pawar
- Vyapam scam: MP medical college dean found dead in hotel, body sent for post-mortem